Question

Tidal and Qobuz covert art for playlists are missing

• 15 February 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 26 replies

Hi there. I don’t know if it is an isolated problem or a global one. Qobuz cover art for playlists never showed in Sonos. I thought it was a problem related to Qobuz. Tidal cover art for playlists was always showing up until recently. Now (maybe after an update I cannot be sure about this) when navigating Tidal playlists in Sonos, there is no more cover art showing. This is very annoying for the navigation experience. Can you please fix this or help me if my problem is not common?

On the other hand, there is no problem with album cover art for both Qobuz and Tidal. Missing images only relate to playlists. 

The issue is on all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows). Below screen shots for iOS. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Hello, As in my previous post, the metadata that you are asking about is provided to Sonos from the music services and not from Sonos. I understand that you feel that this is not a music service issue but a Sonos issues. I assure it is an issue with the music service metadata and how your controller running the Sonos app is processing the supplied metadata. As previously provided, please confirm the requested re-booting steps are taken:

1. Modem, Router(s), Extenders, and Access Points showing no lights for 30 seconds
  2. All Sonos products showing no lights for 15 seconds
  3. Devices running the Sonos app

When everything is re-booted and you are connected back to the Sonos app please let us know the results of the testing along with the updated diagnostic reports from at least two of your Sonos controllers.

@skbe Thank you for bringing this topic to the Sonos Community. I understand that you having an issue with the metadata of the cover art from a music service in your system. This is very likely from how you are getting that metadata from the music service. You mention a possible recent update to the system. Please submit us a diagnostic report using this link and reply with the report number here. I would also ask what region your are in and confirm that you are in a supported region for QobBuz and Tidal. Lastly I would then ask that you complete a full equipment  power re-boot off/on in this order:

1. Modem, Router(s), Extenders, and Access Points showing no lights for 30 seconds
  2. All Sonos products showing no lights for 15 seconds
  3. Devices running the Sonos app

When everything is re-booted and you are connected back to the Sonos app please let us know the results of the testing above.

Badge +1

Hi John. Thanks for help. Here is the report number: 290103505

I’m in France

I tried rebooting my system (router, Sonos, devices) several times. I don’t think the issue relies there. I feel it is something related to these services in the Sonos app. Again as you can see, Spotify cover art for playlists works well. 

Please let me hear from you

best 

Thank you for the follow up information and diagnostic report. Please humor me, and confirm the above testing steps have been completed then provide us an updated diagnostic report from at least two of your Sonos controllers when you re-connected to Sonos testing the music.

Badge +1

Hi John. Not sure to follow you. Report sent after rebooting. The problem is not there. 

Can you please verify on your side that Tidal and Qobuz playlists are shown with their cover art in Sonos? I would be curious to see snapshots of Qobuz/Tidal playlists showing cover art correctly. 

Best 

Badge +1

Dear John. I feel nothing. I am not upset about Sonos and I am not upset about music services. What I would like to know is quite simple : is Tidal / Qobuz playlists cover art shown in Sonos app? Yes/No. If yes I would like you to send in this topic a test snapshot please. And if yes, I will do the requested steps one by one. Thank you 

Badge +1

Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think there is some confusion over the word “playlists” here. For a user generated playlist, I know of no service that displays art (because how could it?). For a curated playlist (ie generated by Apple, Spotify etc) then the music service can attach some art to it, or it can choose not to.

As John G says, whether a service attaches art to a curated playlist is entirely up to that service.

Right now I only have access to Apple Music, and their curated lists have art and my wife’s created playlists do not. This is as I would expect.

Badge +1

Hi controlav 

Thank you

There is no confusion

1- A music service generated playlist displays its own covert art. It works with Spotify and obviously with Apple Music too if I refer to what you said 

Sadly this never worked with Qobuz (in my experience) and used to work with Tidal but not until very recently 

2- A user curated playlist displays a mosaic of covert art related to songs included in that particular playlist. It works with Spotify and if my understanding is correct don’t work with Apple Music 

Sadly again this never worked with Qobuz (in my experience) and used to work with Tidal but not until very recently 

Anyone can help with this issue please?

Many thanks 

2- A user curated playlist displays a mosaic of covert art related to songs included in that particular playlist. It works with Spotify ...

Also with Deezer.