Tidal An error occurred while adding tracks to the Queue (1002)

• 31 October 2020
  • 12 replies

Badge

Recently, the integration of Sonos and Tidal has been problematic. That is both playing without the dreaded “An error occurred while adding tracks to the Queue (1002)”. This is not a Tidal issue specifically as I can open the Tidal app on my device and play fine. Try later and the problem no longer manifests.

I would need to check but this seems to occur frequently during the morning and less later in the day (CET). 

The problem seems ongoing.

To Reproduce:

1. Wake up in morning
  2. Open Sonos App
  3. Browse to Tidal Album or Playlist
  4. Touch Play
  5. Watch Spinner For About Three Minutes
  6. Error Dialog 1002 appears.
  7. Repeat.

Note time on screenshots. Tidal is fine and other services such as Mixcloud are fine. 

Also, as can be seen on the last screen shot, about one hour later everything was fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @genjokoan.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Error 1002 occurs when one or more of your Sonos products fail to complete the update process. 

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Error 1002 occurs when one or more of your Sonos products fail to complete the update process. 

‘Update process’? 1002 is a general timeout error. The OP is encountering it when attempting to play music.  

The suggested remedies may well be helpful, but let’s at least not confuse.

Badge

Hi All,

thanks for all the replies. I followed the reboot steps as @Mark P suggested. Seems fine today but will keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Best Wishes,

GK

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @genjokoan.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Glad it works.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Hi @Mark P,

I spoke too soon I’m afraid. Problems occurring again intermittently.

I have submitted two diagnostic reports 1370486743 and later 1122752557.

For example, at about 13:59 CET today Tidal played first time. After about three songs it stopped. “Unable to play ‘Run’ - the connection to Tidal was lost”. 

Can submit another diagnostic report if desired?

I see you have another thread reporting Tidal problems. It could be an issue at their end. Sonos interfaces to their servers in a different manner to the native Tidal app.

Badge

Hi @ratty ,

I did consider one post with both issues. But the fact is that My Sonos still fails to display Tidal Albums and Playlists even when Tidal plays ok.

As you highlighted, it’s very likely that the integration is at fault and given that Sonos connects to other services without issue, the failings might be more at the Tidal end. 

Weird that these issues typically manifest morning and early afternoon. Perhaps Tidal save money by some rate limiting until the USA is online? So Europe suffers? Just a guess.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @genjokoan.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sonos engineers investigate this issue and they found out that the Tidal Tops Tracks container for an artist will not show the Play All and Shuffle option.

This can lead to some unwanted behavior and confusion because when selecting a track-only that one track will play and not the whole container.

We are working with Tidal on a solution for this issue, but we don't have any timeframe to share.

Badge

Hi @Mark P ,

so this affects playing an Album or Playlist?

Any work around?

Thanks,

GK

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @genjokoan.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Yes, it looks like it's affecting some features of Tidal. for the workaround, we don't have anything we can share as of this time.

We just received this announcement a few hours ago.

But rest assure Tidal and Sonos are trying to correct this matter asap. 

Badge

Hi @Mark P ,

Ok cool fingers crossed. I’d guess it’s a fairly urgent issue as it renders Tidal nigh on unusable as a Sonos service. 

When it works smoothly the Sonos Tidal combo is an unbeatable duo!

Thanks, 

GK.

Any update on this?  I get the same error via Tidal on Sonos, some albums just won’t play…. The system feels like it’s hung for a few seconds where you just can’t do anything, then error 1002 pops up.

Try the album ‘Everything is OK’ by Jaytech…  How ironic...