Question

Streaming from archive.org

Is there a way to stream from archive.org?

6 replies

Hello Mellowman, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. There is currently no direct support for archive.org in the Sonos controller app. However, if you happen to own a Sonos player that supports line input (such as a PLAY:5 speaker or CONNECT), it's possible to wire a device (like a computer, tablet, or mobile phone) via the input to play the audio through your Sonos system.

More information on using line input can be found at this link.
Thanks Manny S. I do have a Connect:AMP, but it is in a closet so it is not conveinient to connect to another device. I tried using a BT to RCA plug adapter, but the signal was not consistent.
You're very welcome, Mellowman. The line input is the best bet for any audio sources not currently supported directly on the controller.
You can stream from archive.org by adding a radio station. In the controller app, select manage and then add radio station. You will need to copy the streaming URL from archive.org. Depending on the content this might be in different places. For example. To stream this content "https://archive.org/details/gd1970-05-15.136574.late.aud.cooper.berger.flac24" go to the VBR M3U link, right click and select copy link address. The address for this content is "https://archive.org/download/gd1970-05-15.136574.late.aud.cooper.berger.flac24/gd1970-05-15.136574.late.aud.cooper.berger.flac24_vbr.m3u". Paste this address into the Streaming Url field and fill out the Station Name field. Then go to Radio by TuneIN, my stations, select it and play.

For content on archive.org that is stream only. Right click on VBR link under "Steaming Playlist" and copy the link address. Use the same steps above to add a new radio station.
I would love to be able to stream from archive.org
Sonosbrew wrote:

You can stream from archive.org by adding a radio station. In the controller app, select manage and then add radio station. You will need to copy the streaming URL from archive.org.

Thanks for posting this, is a good tip.

But for **** sakes can't do this with the mobile app, desktop only. We really need the ability to add RADIO STATIONS with the mobile controller app.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)