Stream interrupts after exactly 22 min

• 20 November 2020
  • 3 replies

When streaming podcasts (doesn’t matter which podcast) through my different Sonos devices, they always interrupt after 22 min and jumps to the previous podcast episode. It is extremely irritating and I have no clue what causes it. I have restarted my router, updated firmware on the router, restarted all Sonos devices, updated the app etc. but nothing helps. Any ideas out there? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @henswe.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Have you noticed if it is happening with other music services/sources?

When did it start to happen?

Was there any change made on the network recently?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

You may check this article that provides common fixes for audio interruptions while playing from a music service on Sonos. 

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi!

I have managed to isolate the problem to be related only to podcasts from Swedish Radio (SR). Podcasts from other sources work without problems. I have submitted a diagnostic report taken directly after it happened, the number is 169835823. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @henswe.

Thanks for your response and update here.

We appreciate your time and effort working through this.

If you are still experiencing the issue, you can give us a call to create a troubleshooting ticket and work with a technician live, they'll start with checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.