Stitcher login credentials failing on Sonos but nowhere else

• 29 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This appears to be an issue many users have but hasn’t been resolved under any post.  I can login to Stitcher through the Stitcher app, and the web interface.  However, when I try to add that service to Sonos, upon entering my login and password i get the error “The Stitcher server did not recognize your login information”. 

I am using a password manager and have confirmed multiple times that the login information is indeed correct.  Diagnostic submitted, confirmation number 730839779.  

Suspect that Sonos may be doing something to process the password before it’s sent to Stitcher.  I can change my Stitcher password if need be (ie to not include special characters or whatever), but if that’s the case I need to know that’s what’s happening on Sonos’s end.  Many thanks for any assistance/information!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

How long have you had this issue? Most users who have experienced this seem to eventually see the problem resolve itself in a matter of hours.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

About ten hours or so.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Sonos app?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yup, no dice.  

I’m not certain about Stitcher itself, but most companies use a separate server or port to both authenticate and serve Sonos users, so it’s possible that Stitcher is having issues with their server. You may want to try contacting them, if a reboot of your router or GuitarSuperstar’s suggestions don’t help. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just FYI it’s days later and I’m still experiencing this issue.  I’ve rebooted the comp, the router, the speaker … everything.  It’s extremely frustrating to not be able to connect one of my main services to this speaker.  

Userlevel 7

Have you contacted Stitcher?