Answered

'STATION no longer available on SiriusXM'

• 8 December 2018
  • 45 replies

Userlevel 2
I keep getting the error message 'STATION no longer available on SiriusXM' trying to play any of the stations on SiriusXM. Earlier I started getting another error message 'Unable to play'. I changed my username on Sirius and re-installed the service on Sonos but I am still getting the error. My Sirius account is fine and works on my phone and in a browser. Anyone else is experiencing this issue? So frustrating.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 December 2018, 20:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

45 replies

Lose connectivity with Sirius on Sonos App ,constant error message (song not encoded,Sirius disappears from Sonos App.Created new user name and password.Still having the issue ,comes and goes.Very frustrating.
Same problem with my sonos app. I tried the stated fix on both our phones, made no difference. We've been using the app on our iPhone for about a year now. I downloaded the app to my laptop where it worked perfectly. Went back to the phones, and now they both work again. Might just be a coincidence but I'm glad it works again.
Badge
I've had the same problem for two days. Bothered the people at Sirius XM thinking it was their problem. It is not -- it is clearly a Sonos issue. Tried the suggestion of removing the SiriusXM from my Sonos app and then reinstalling it with username (not email address) and password. Same problem still exists, so I guess that fix is good for some people and not others. Frustrating, to say the least. I'm looking for the "official" message from Sonos on this but I can't find it. Have they owned up to the problem and said they are trying to fix it?

In fairness to Sonos, this is the first issue of this sort I have had after working with their system for several years. In the past I have found their service technicians to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Hope they come through on this problem.
Userlevel 2
Badge
@JFM http://status.sonos.com Showing Major Outage message
I’ve been without SiriusXM for three days. Been in DM on Twitter with support and have tried everything they suggest but no luck yet. Have submitted numerous diagnostic reports. Someone screwed the pooch and it’s really getting frustrating. I’ve got Sonos gifts wrapped for family and now feel like the service has been limited drastically.
Same issue with me today. Tried removing account and adding it back in but that didn’t work. Please fix this.
So I had this problem this morning. Removing SiriusXM from the Sonos, changing the password on my SiriusXM, removing the favorites on my Sonos controller, and adding SiriusXM back to the controller worked for me this evening. I did this all from my Windows 10 PC. I never had my email as my username. I don't know if any step here was crucial or if the service will stay up. I'll post up if I have problems again.
UPDATE: There is another thread on the same topic that suggests changing your SiriusXM account username if it's in the form of an email address. Mine was in the form of an email address, so I just changed it in my SiriusXM online account. Then I removed SiriusXm from my SONOS controller and reinstalled it. I was finally able to connect without issue.

I realize that SONOS is aware of the SiriusXm issue, but I also just wanted to add that it's been affecting us for about 72 hours now. It started around Friday, 12/7 for us. We are still not able to connect to any SiriusXM channels via SONOS at this time.

Removing SiriusXM from the controller, changing the password, and reinstalling it did not work for us.
I have been without Sirius XM service via Sonos for about a week, receiving the same error others on this stream, something like "this channel is no longer available on Sirius XM". Tried resetting my controller, no dice. I only have the router, no speakers or other Sonos equipment.

I saw a post that suggested to log into your Sirius XM account and change your password. So I deleted Sirius as a service from Sonos, went to Sirius, changed my password. Back to Sonos, added Sirius as a service, logged on with old ID and new password and it works. Thanks Sonos community for the suggestion !!

Whoops, just kidding. Sirius played for about 10-15 minutes, then cut out. I went back to the Sonos app and I'm receiving the same error message "(channel name) is no longer available on SiriusXM"

Arrrgghhhh.....

OK - Saw another suggestion to change username to a non-email ID. Back to SiriusXM account, changed user ID. Back to Sonos app. Deleted SiriusXM as service, added SiriusXM as service, logged in with new ID and Password. It's working again. For how long, who knows, but working for now.
None of the suggestions work for me. Additionally, I do not have an email as user name and have changed password multiple times. SONOS needs to fix this!! Been happening for a few months now.
It works for me
@Sonos are you monitoring this situation and what is being done to fix it? My Sirius hasn't worked for two days. This morning I deleted Sirius from Sonos, changed the password, reinstalled. It worked for a few minutes. Now it's no longer working. What is being done to fix this?
I am having the same issues and have tried several times to get Sirius XM Canada back with not luck, I have put off purchasing any additional Sonos units until this issue is addressed.
Started happening to me a few day ago. The removing and re-adding with a non-email account name solution did not work. Apple Music, Amazon Music, and iHeart Radio are not working either, although they did yesterday.:@
Add me to the list as of two days ago. Service got progressively less reliable with increasing disconnects and harder reconnects up to the Message Of Doom: "____ is no longer available on SiriusXM." Pandora and Spotify continue to work with no issues.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
status.sonos.com... last update was 2 pm PST yesterday
Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Dec 9, 14:08 PST
Same problem here...Sonos can you at least provide us an update??
Add another onto the list. And been waiting on the phone now for over 18 minutes to talk with a rep.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, the main thread for this issue is here . To keep the conversation in one place, I'm going to close this thread down, but to get updates, feel free to follow or post in the main thread.
Just called and sat on hold for 40 minutes to speak to a technician. We submitted a diagnostic to them so that might help them find the problem. He said they are going to try to escalate a fix on this situation and they hope to be able to send out notification on this soon.