Answered

'STATION no longer available on SiriusXM'

• 8 December 2018
  • 45 replies

Userlevel 2
I keep getting the error message 'STATION no longer available on SiriusXM' trying to play any of the stations on SiriusXM. Earlier I started getting another error message 'Unable to play'. I changed my username on Sirius and re-installed the service on Sonos but I am still getting the error. My Sirius account is fine and works on my phone and in a browser. Anyone else is experiencing this issue? So frustrating.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 December 2018, 20:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

45 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm experiencing this issue too. It goes back to at least September. Ugh!
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
I keep getting the error message 'STATION no longer available on SiriusXM' trying to play any of the stations on SiriusXM. Earlier I started getting another error message 'Unable to play'. I changed my username on Sirius and re-installed the service on Sonos but I am still getting the error. My Sirius account is fine and works on my phone and in a browser. Anyone else is experiencing this issue? So frustrating.

YES ME TOO.... all channels but i was listening to Met Opera.
hope someone at Sonos is monitoring this board this weekend.

i have never had this ... (see first reply) and was actively listening to the live opera from the MET and all of a sudden it stopped.

also checked my account via website and i can logon and stream any channel
I'm having the same problem. Just started yesterday. Like others said, I can play it on my phone and on my PC through the Sirius/XM windows app, but when I try to connect through sonos it says the station is no longer available for every station on Sirius/XM.
Same problem here. This is getting old.
Userlevel 2
I'm also having the same issue - just started (that I noticed) this week. Very frustrating.
I was able to fix it using a solution on an older thread. It is annoying, but I had to change my log in on Sirius/XM to not be an email, but a non-email username. Then I had to remove Sirius/XM from Sonos and re-add it with the new username. It is working now.
I haven’t been able to connect for the last two days. I’m having a Christmas party to night and planned on playing music through SiriusXM.
Same issue... diagnostic report sent 1315308821. Really tired of having issues with SiriusXM and Sonos
Same problem, quite frustrating. It seems Sonos isn't too concerned as there has been no action going on one month with his problem. We pay real money to get Sirius XM and not hearing it at home is not a crowd pleaser. Works fine on app, even mirrored to Apple TV, but not Sonos.
I have the same issue, all the channels have this error. Works in my car.
I was able to fix it using a solution on an older thread. It is annoying, but I had to change my log in on Sirius/XM to not be an email, but a non-email username. Then I had to remove Sirius/XM from Sonos and re-add it with the new username. It is working now.
This worked for me too- thank you francijb!!
Userlevel 2
This did not work for me
The problem has been intermittent for the last few months. Today I lost connectoin about 4 times over 12 hours. In last 15 minutes I now get a message saying "Watercolors is no longer available on XM". This message occurs despite listening to the Watercolors (XM 66) all day.

Tried XM 50 (Groove) and XM 49 (Soul Town). Same results. I am streaming XM on my iPhone just fine.

There clearly is a problem with Sonos accessing XM.

Also note: my XM login is NOT an emai and never has been. That "fix" is not a solution!
I also as of first thing this morning
Badge

Thank you!!! I was having the same problem today and this fixed it for me. I was able to use the “replace account” option in the Sonos settings rather than removing and re-adding it. Sonos should be proactively contacting everyone who has SiriusXM configurations set up and warning us about this!
I am having the same problem! I used the fix of changing my user ID to a non-email user ID, then deleting and reinstalling SiriusXM on Sonos. It worked for a short period of time and then started giving me the same error message again. I am now using a non-email user ID but the problem still exists. Does anyone have any ideas?
I did the same “fix” with changing the username and deleting the XM account and then reinstalling it and it did work at first, now this morning it won’t work again! I shouldn’t have to keep changing my username just to get it to work, someone needs to fix this!
Badge
Add one more to the list of frustrated users. Siriusxm problems have come and gone for the past few weeks but today it's totally farked. Tried several solutions but none worked.
I guess Sonos is not even going to address this issue. Sonos is not what Sonos use to be. Sonos has kind of become a joke over the past couple of years.
I also started getting this problem, but when I tried the solution of removing and re-adding the SiriusXM service to my Sonos, it keeps giving me the "incorrect username or password" error and won't re-add the service. It doesn't seem to matter what I change on the SiriusXM account management website, I still get the error.

My SiriusXM account username and streaming username were already set to non-email user names.
On the Sonos support page is this statement..."There is a temporary service outage affecting SiriusXM on Sonos and we’re working with them to fix the problem as soon as possible. You’ll find real-time status updates online via our community or on Twitter @SonosSupport."
Add me to the list. Last September, needed to change Sirius password to get to work (huh, what??). I'm getting pretty dang frustrated with this problem; it doesn't help when I see Sonos on here saying it's a Sirius problem. It ain't. Sirius works fine on any device in the universe that I access it from except Sonos. If it is indeed a Sirius problem, then apparently all other device manufacturers have much better technical resources than Sonos and can fix the 'issue' without several months of work.

When Sirius went public, I told friends that this would go downhill fast as profit becomes an even larger incentive when you're publicly traded. I'll never know what happened to trigger this change (layoffs, outsource technical resources, etc.) but something clearly changed. I no longer brag about Sonus being the best audio system out there. Please gain my trust back by at least acknowledging this is a Sonos problem. I'm a frigging network engineer, I can imagine how frustrated non-technical people can get. We just want to listen to our music, c'mon Sonos, own it!
this started for me yesterday dec.8,2018, and there's no one available at solons all weekend to help ,, not a happy camper here!!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Started happening to me yesterday as well. 😠