Answered

Started from Spotify

• 6 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 88 replies

Has anyone noticed a sound quality difference when listening to Spotify started directly from the Spotify app vs from the Sonos app.  

The message “Started from Spotify” will appear in the System section of the Sonos App.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 8 March 2021, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @John76, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

I haven’t noticed any difference in audio quality myself, however I’m not a heavy Spotify listener - are you experiencing issues with audio quality through Spotify Connect?

I’ve checked with a couple of colleagues who use Spotify more regularly than myself, and you should be getting the same audio quality through both methods of starting playback - if you are having issues, it may be worth getting in touch with the Support Team via live chat or phone call for some live troubleshooting - if you provide them with a System Diagnostic while playing from each source, they will be able to identify the bit rate :)