Question

Spotify won't connect to Sonos

• 29 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I've just set up 2 x OneSL and 1 X Beam (brand new). Setup went fine and I can play music via the Sonos app. In the Spotify app on my Galaxy S20 though, I can see the Sonos speakers but when I select them Spotify says "connecting" for a few minutes then fails. 

All devices are on the same wifi network and I can control the system from the Sonos app on the same S20. I just can't get Spotify to play through the speakers.

I've tried resetting the router, turning the speakers off/on, rebooting my phone, same result. Both apps and speaker firmware are updated. Looking at others posting about similar problems, none of the suggested steps seem to work. 

Diagnostics: 9728450

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @aetherius11.

Thank you for reaching out.

Here are a few things you can try.

•  Verify that you're using the current version of the Spotify app and the Sonos app.
  • Ungroup rooms in the Sonos app.
  • Start playing a track from the Spotify app and confirm audio is playing from the device before targeting a Sonos speaker.
  • Another power cycle on affected speakers.
  • If it still doesn't work you need to contact our customer care phone hotline.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.