Question

Spotify won't authenticate eventhou premium

• 12 October 2016
  • 4 replies

From one day to another my connection to got denied saying i need to upgrade my spotify account to premium. I've got premium.

I have sonos 5 v2 6.4.1.
Tried resetting router.
Tried the google dns settings 8.8.8.8 etc.
Tried removing spotify and adding it again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi kfr, welcome to the community. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the number? Is this a premium subscription you purchased directly with Spotify, or part of perhaps a mobile network or ISP package?
Hi kfr, welcome to the community. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the number? Is this a premium subscription you purchased directly with Spotify, or part of perhaps a mobile network or ISP package?

hi, here's my diagnostic: 6652973
it's a premium directly from spotify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, kfr. Thanks for providing that. The diagnostics suggested that your account is unsupported. Which is strange, as it only occurs some of the time. Have you tested this with the Spotify App, while connected to WiFi? Can you please change the DNS back to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4? I want to see if the error message changes. Thank you very much.
it's working again! i cancelled and signed up for premium again and that did the trick.