Answered

Spotify woes

I just recently purchased the Sonos Port to connect my turntable to my Sonos system, however, since connecting last Saturday, Sonos will no longer play anything from my Spotify account, and indicates “the connection was lost”. This could be unrelated to the Port, as i have since disconnected the Port, but not sure, and I do have an excellent wifi connection.

My system will play other streaming ie. radio stations, but not with Spotify. My Spotify account will play on my computer or phone.

I have tried a number of the suggestions noted re. Spotify, but no avail. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by RV Can 19 May 2021, 19:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RV Can 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you try removing your Spotify account from Sonos and then add it back on again.

Settings » System » Services & Voice » Spotify » Remove Account.

Settings » System » Services & Voice » Add a Service » search Spotify » Spotify » Add to Sonos

If that doesn’t help, please try rebooting your router and Port by turning them off for 30 seconds.

Corry

Thank you for the quick reply. I did try removing and adding back the Spotify account, and have just done so again. As well, I have rebooted the router a couple times. Neither has resolved the issue.

I assume it has nothing to do with my recent addition of the Sonos Port.

Perhaps I should uninstall the Sonos App and reinstall??

Thanks again, and please let me know any other thoughts you may have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RV Can 

Thanks for trying those steps.

Do you have any WiFi boosters/extenders? If so, please try turning them off and keep them off for the duration of a good test.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Edit: Uninstalling the Sonos app is unlikely to help.

Corry

Further to my note above, I have now figured out it was only one of my Sonos speakers (Play 5) that was causing Spotify to not play.  I unplugged the Play 5 power cord for a couple minutes, and that seemed to have reset it.  It is now all working. So weird but glad it is back up and running. Now I will reconnect the Port.

Thanks again for your help.

Rick

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RV Can 

I’m glad to hear you found a fix!

It can be important to remember that Sonos players are computers with speakers instead of monitors - sometimes a reboot is all it takes!

You are more than welcome. Enjoy!

Thanks again Corry. I cannot live without my Sonos and Spotify!!!

Badge +4

Just got off the phone with Sonos. I was reporting the same issue you were having too. Solution was to simply power cycle all the Sonos units. So far so good, in terms of this fixing the issue.