Spotify: Timing Out/Unable to Browse Music

I have been unable to play Spotify on my Sonos for the past week or so. On my Mac it tells me connection to the Spotify has timed out and on the PC it says unable to browse music. I am however able to play SoundCloud and other services through Sonos... just not Spotify. I am still able to play Spotify through the Spotify client but this is pointless since I can't use my Sonos speakers that way :( . I have tried all the basic things such as turning on and off internet, unpluging Ethernet, unplugging the bridge, turning off each individual speaker and have not had any luck. My diagnostic number is 7187384

8 replies

bump
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
parker5555 wrote:

I have been unable to play Spotify on my Sonos for the past week or so. On my Mac it tells me connection to the Spotify has timed out and on the PC it says unable to browse music. I am however able to play SoundCloud and other services through Sonos... just not Spotify. I am still able to play Spotify through the Spotify client but this is pointless since I can't use my Sonos speakers that way :( . I have tried all the basic things such as turning on and off internet, unpluging Ethernet, unplugging the bridge, turning off each individual speaker and have not had any luck. My diagnostic number is 7187384

Hi parker5555,

There's some wireless interference showing up which is causing communication errors between your BRIDGE and speakers. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and let me know if that helps.
I just followed that guide and changed the channel. Nothing different :( I don't get why this is happening ever since nothing has changed about my house, literally it just started doing this after the AWS problems.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
parker5555 wrote:

I just followed that guide and changed the channel. Nothing different :( I don't get why this is happening ever since nothing has changed about my house, literally it just started doing this after the AWS problems.

Mind sending in a new diagnostic report? I'll take a look at things since the channel change.

Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
parker5555 wrote:

Thanks

Please try updating your Sonos system then let me know if any Spotify issues continue.
Updated, same problem

7218790 is the new report
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
parker5555 wrote:

Updated, same problem

7218790 is the new report

At this point it would be best to work on this problem over the phone. Please call us up and reference case number: 170324-001127. You can find our phone number here.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)