Answered

Spotify: Song restarts when on repeat 1

• 7 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello

I have an issue with Spotify service on Sonos. When i listen to a playlist and then like the song that is playing i go to the queue and select repeat 1 to just play this song for the next couple of times.

after doing so, Sonos plays the song once completly and when the song is played the second time it gets restarted after about 15 seconds over and over again.

i know there are a couple of threads about this issue and one of them is about one year old and is answered with „known issue, spotify and sonos are working on it“. after having this problem since about 5 years i thought i will ask if there is any solution on the way?

EDIT: Diagnostics number 1469809923

thank you in advance.

willey

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 August 2022, 17:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @willey 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We were unable to reproduce this ourselves - is only Living Room affected, or do you get the same issue in other rooms too?

If it’s just Living Room, please try rebooting both of those speakers by unplugging them from power for a short time. If this makes no difference, please also try separating the stereo pair and recreating it. I do see there was high CPU activity around this time, so either of these steps may well remedy the problem.

If all rooms are affected, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team so they can try one of our Spotify test accounts to see if there’s a change in behaviour.

One last point - does it only happen if you like (by clicking the ‘thumbs up’, not just having an opinion 😂) a track first, or is it any time you choose to repeat?

I hope this helps.

This happens to me all the time as well. When putting a song on repeat, it only loops the first 10-15 seconds of the song then restarts. I don't understand how the UI of the Sonos app and the actual functionality continues to stay so bad over such a long time. 

This doesn’t happen at all on my system, and I’m pretty much always on a repeat, of a playlist. It’s more likely a network issue, and the speaker is frequently reconnecting to your network, causing the Sonos to ‘restart’ the song. I’d be looking a the wifi interference FAQ for things that may need adjusting, and failing that, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.