Answered

Spotify skips to next song or stops playing, other sources work just fine meanwhile

Show first post

235 replies

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

You might want to follow this conversation, somehow related: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/intermittent-audio-cut-out-with-grouped-speakers-6845901?postid=16459079#post16459079

Hi, I am loosing connection with Spotify. The problem is random and correct by itself after a while.

The diagnostic number is: 184885700

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Julio

Diagnostic report: 1792487440

Spotify playback has been randomly skipping and stopping for months now, on both Sonos S1 and S2.

I have Spotify Family Premium and the Spotify user-account is definitely NOT being used on other devices, as it was setup specifically for this one system.

Diag # 1631918532

Hi, I'm having the same issue with spotify playback skipping, especially the end of titles are cut off.

Hi.

same problem here. extremely irritating…

Spotify playback randomly skipping, stopping and keeps dropping out, jumping one or several songs in the playlist. Sometime it only drops out on one of my sonos devices when they are grouped together.

has anyone figured out the problem?

My system: Sonos S1, several Connect:amp, 1 Play 5, 1 Play3, 1 Playbar, 1 IKEA symfonic.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the new community users here. Just to let you know that we’ve had an issue with the Spotify service and it should perfectly now. You can always check it in status.sonos.com. Try to remove and re-add the service and another controller if the same issue persists. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Facing the same issue: Sonos randomly stops playing and continues different a different song sometimes in the middle of the song. Time before sonos starts playing again seems random too.

information:

• no changes to network
  • Sonos Beam
  • Trying to listen to Spotify
  • Behaviour not always the same
  • Dont know how to re create
  • Diagnostic number: 1083820934
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @StefanieSB, welcome to the Sonos Community and  I’d be happy to assist you. I also appreciate you reaching out here and submitting a diagnostic. Have you checked other music/radio services if you’ll get the same problem? It’s more than a month since you rebooted your speakers, try to refresh the whole set up. Disconnect all Sonos from power and the same goes with your network devices like modem, router, access points. After 5-10 seconds, connect all the network devices and wait until it’s back and working. Once the internet is working again, connect all Sonos back to power. Observe if it will make any difference and submit another diagnostic. Just let us know and reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Can you please help me I dont understand what is happening!