Answered

Spotify restriction

Yesterday I noticed I couldn’t play certain songs on my Spotify playlist on my Sonos speaker. It’s only one playlist full of music that I uploaded from the desktop which half is not accessible.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 5 May 2019, 17:38

Yesterday I noticed I couldn’t play certain songs on my Spotify playlist on my Sonos speaker. It’s only one playlist full of music that I uploaded from the desktop which half is not accessible.
No, these (your own) music files haven't been uploaded to Spotify's servers because Spotify does not offer such a feature; that's why Sonos can't play those files.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
it tried a few of those tracks, they were marked as Explicit. Did you (accidentally) enable explicit control? Can you play those same tracks directly, ie not via a playlist?
No, these (your own) music files haven't been uploaded to Spotify's servers because Spotify does not offer such a feature; that's why Sonos can't play those files.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Oh. I misunderstood the OP. LOL.