Spotify podcasts not appearing

Userlevel 2
Is there anyway to get spotify podcasts on sonos? I follow them in spotify and they are in my library on my spotify app but I can not find them on sonos. Thanks for the help.

36 replies

Userlevel 1
I listen to a lot of Podcasts and am terribly disappointed that this is not available on Sonos, please add it.
Userlevel 1
Same problem here. I love the Sonos App and would really appreciate if support for "Spotify Podcasts" would be added.
Cheers!
I also would like to be able to access Spotify podcasts on sonos 😞
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
'no plans at present'. Typical Sonos response of you'll get what we give you so shut up and think yourself lucky.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
you can send Spotify Podcasts to Sonos speakers using the Spotify app on a phone/tablet/pc (start the podcast as normal, click 'devices available' and choose your Sonos speaker/group). You just cant find them in the Sonos app.

Happy listening !

It's clear that the issue lies with licensing. I'm not sure why people are having a go at Sonos here?

Thanks to those who have suggested going with the 'airplay' method via the Spotify app, will give this a try at some point.

I am also really wanting this feature. Why is it taking so long?
Userlevel 1
Yeah I can get it to work for anything none BBC, I have no idea why that would be the case?!
you can send Spotify Podcasts to Sonos speakers using the Spotify app on a phone/tablet/pc (start the podcast as normal, click 'devices available' and choose your Sonos speaker/group). You just cant find them in the Sonos app.

Happy listening !

This doesn’t work for me. Spotify app plays music on Sonos fine, but only offers my Bluetooth devices to play podcasts on - the Sonos speakers are greyed out as not available- any thoughts why?
Interesting. Thanks for looking into it, Ken!
Badge
Is there anyway to get spotify podcasts on sonos? I follow them in spotify and they are in my library on my spotify app but I can not find them on sonos. Thanks for the help.
No plans to announce at the time, but thanks for the great suggestion. Keep the great ideas coming. Thanks.

Any update to this, 2 years later - still would be on my Wishlist!
Any update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Any update?

Hi there,

We don't have any updates at this time, but I'll add your voice to the feature request.

Have you contacted Spotify? They’re the ones that control what shows up in the Sonos ecosystem. 

No, I didn’t think about it but I’m going to do it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
No plans to announce at the time, but thanks for the great suggestion. Keep the great ideas coming. Thanks.
thanks for the solution much appreciated
Does sending Podcast from the Spotify app works now?
Not working for me - All Sonos gear appears greyed out with this message appended: "Can't play this right now"

Oh man I’ve had it with Sonos. I’m gonna have to ditch it and just get another dumb speaker. Sonos whole approach to things reminds me of the DRM days of yore. Making things difficult just encourages us to leave. 
I can happily stream ANYTHING! to my stupid UE speaker and it sounds just as good. Here we come EBay... 

Bugger, I meant to say that it doesn't work for BBC content. I'm in the UK so I'd expect this to work okay...
TMLU,

Just for your info, I am able to play the The Food Chain podcast (via AirPlay/Spotify App). I am a U.K. resident and BBC licence payer, so my thoughts are that some countries/regions may not have a licensing agreement with the BBC.

I think the BBC may have changed their licensing policy in recent times. I think the agreements are with the local TV broadcasters and not sure if that is an “exchange of services” agreement of whether its a financial one. I suspect this is the reason that some of us can and can’t play some things via tunein.

i obviously have a similar situation to you, with some US broadcasts not being available here in the U.K. like Pandora for example.
Userlevel 1
Yes, there seem to be certain podcasts or podcast producers that aren’t allowed on Sonos, no explanation given, they just don’t work.
BBC podcasts for example behave this way, but Revisionist History by Panoply works fine.
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
Pocket Casts is available as a 'service'. Excellent.

Please give Sonos the ability to play all Spotify Podcasts. Once you removed the ability to play content saved on this phone, you also removed the ability to play my favorite podcasts. I refuse to buy another component, Sonos with Airplay 2 to play this content. 

Future enhancement criteria: can a Sonos customer execute the same end function without buying new equipment?  If the answer is no, it’s NOT an enhancement!!

For reference I’m trying to play DJ Grind - Daily Grind thru my Play 1s; Play 3s, Plays 5s and Playbase.  I own multiples of each. 

Ditto the above, Sonos should be able to play anything from Spotify that my subscription entitles me to. Restricting that is an infringement of my rights, and of freedom of speech...