• 27 July 2018
  • 9 replies

Please just make a way to sort Spotify playlist by recently added etc

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please just make a way to sort Spotify playlist by recently added etc

Hi lukelivz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the suggestion. I'll send in a feature request to allow sorting of Spotify playlists in the Sonos app.
Sonos - this isn't a "request" this is CRUCIAL!!! For non-passive listeners.... basically the music junkies you're trying to attract... we all constantly update our own custom playlists or follow people who update their playlists regularly.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me sort my Spotify playlist by recently added. It'd make me v happy 🙂
Sonos: Reinforcing what has been brought to your attention; the sync between Sonos and Spotify and ease with accessing Spotify playlists IS CURRENTLY LACKING= a huGE void in the Sonos feature. I invested $ in your audio system, 4 components to date, expecting your high end, state of the art speakers and app to mesh with today's most popular music listening services that serve millions! I've been with you since your first beta phase; hoping you will again appreciate and recognize feedback received from your consumers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This again. Sigh. Sonos NEVER SORT LISTS because they cannot (see the other threads for the many reasons, such as not actually knowing when a playlist was updated). If you want a music service to present a list in a particular sorted order, you need to ask that music service (Spotify in this case).
Userlevel 2
Badge
Feature request 9 months ago and still nothing? This should be such a no brainer, just do it.

At least the Spotify app has this and can play to Sonos directly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Ask Spotify, as has been clearly pointed out previously.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Well Sonos doesn't seem to allow any playlists to be sorted, not even their own (Sonos playlists), so I'm not convinced. Seems more like they don't have the functionality in their client.

But lets say sorting is possible in the Sonos client. When Sonos gets a playlist from Spotify it displays all of it at once which would suggest it has the complete list after the API request. A Spotify playlist seems to always be displayed "first added" to "last added". Simply reversing that list would make it "last added" first. Not ideal perhaps but doable.

Besides, in my view it's Sonos job to ask Spotify to expand their API, not a Sonos customer. If Sonos recognises that this feature is valuable to their customers that is. Also Spotify rarely listen to their own customers requests, seems more likely that they would listen to Sonos about this.
Userlevel 2
Badge
After some digging through the Spotify Web API, assuming that is what Sonos uses, it is very possible to do. The Playlist object returned from Get a Playlist's Tracks can contain date added in the form of added_at.

So this is a Sonos issue, nothing else.

https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-playlist-tracks/?playlist_id=6o99Jt2KyfbgO9l8Liek6z&market=EN&fields=&limit=&offset=
After some digging through the Spotify Web API, assuming that is what Sonos uses, it is very possible to do. The Playlist object returned from Get a Playlist's Tracks can contain date added in the form of added_at.

So this is a Sonos issue, nothing else.

https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-playlist-tracks/?playlist_id=6o99Jt2KyfbgO9l8Liek6z&market=EN&fields=&limit=&offset=

Once again, it has nothing to do with the Spotify Web API. It is Spotify who uses the Sonos Music API (SMAPI) to develop their interface in the Sonos app. It is up to the service provider to put that functionality in. All Sonos does is test and release.

See here (and the links to the Sonos API contained within):

https://musicpartners.sonos.com/?q=node/21

So it's a Spotify problem. Nothing else.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings