Spotify outage July 31st, 2017 - Resolved

• 31 July 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

There is currently an outage causing issues browsing Spotify through the Sonos controller. We're working on a resolution and will update this thread when things are back up and running. In the meantime you can try using the Spotify app to play through Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The outage affecting Spotify browsing through the Sonos app should now be resolved. Please reach out if you continue to have any issues.
Badge
Hi,

I have still problem with using Spotify on my Sonos. I can see all the music tracks on queue and I can pick tracks from the browser but there's no streaming.

Thanks for informations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I have still problem with using Spotify on my Sonos. I can see all the music tracks on queue and I can pick tracks from the browser but there's no streaming.

Thanks for informations.

Hi Konrad_O,

Do you get any error messages when you try to play Spotify on your Sonos system? Please submit a diagnostic report after trying to play some music, then reply here with the confirmation number.
Badge
When I try do play Spotify on my Sonos there is only information "Unable to play (...) - the connection to spotify was lost". Confirmation number: 7677648.
Thanks.
Badge
Hi, I still trying to deal with the problem of connection with Spotify. But now I'm wondering if this is not a problem with account auhorization? I tried to reauthorize my Spotify account and, at the of reauthorization, there is information: "Connection Error. There was a problem addingthe Spotify account. A connection to Spotify could not by made". I'm sending diagnostic number: 7685318.
Badge +1
Hi, I still trying to deal with the problem of connection with Spotify. But now I'm wondering if this is not a problem with account auhorization? I tried to reauthorize my Spotify account and, at the of reauthorization, there is information: "Connection Error. There was a problem addingthe Spotify account. A connection to Spotify could not by made". I'm sending diagnostic number: 7685318.

Hey Konrad_O, are you still experiencing difficulties here in the re-authorising of your Spotify account?
This deflecting by Sonos Tech support is honestly insulting. It's not the Wifi interference, it's not a bad ethernet cable, nor router port (and you know it). It is JUST SPOTIFY; all other streaming services work fine, even when stressed. I've installed many dozens of Sonos systems and all have worked totally fine with Spotify until one landmark system update last year. Since then, the service has become far too intermittent to recommend or sell, and we get frustrated calls from customers left and right now. It would be TRULY GREAT if the software engineers rolled up their sleeves and figured out how to remedy this, instead of this 'wifi interference' farce.