Spotify on Sonos - still disappointing despite the updates

• 7 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge
After ditching Spotify last year because the Sonos integration was rubbish, I thought I'd give it another go now that Sonos have improved it and been advertising them as a partner.

How disappointing. It's certainly better than it was before, but under my music there is only my playlists and songs - who wants a list of hundreds of songs in one place without any order or relevance?! Where are my albums, or my artists?

And where has the ability to be able to thumbs up/like songs gone? That's essential for it learning what I like (and more importantly don't like!)

Poor. Back to Google Music I guess next month. I really hope the Apple Music integration is done well when that's released. Not getting my hopes up though (partly as I doubt Apple will give much access to non-Apple devices).

All these services and there still one one that ticks all the boxes on all devices! Gah! Anyone would think they don't want my tenner a month!

2 replies

Badge
Don't hold your breath for an answer. For some mysterious reason, Sonos refuses to comment on this.

I feel like the latest update made things even worse as they disabled starred music.

Ugh.
Don't hold your breath for an answer. For some mysterious reason, Sonos refuses to comment on this.

I feel like the latest update made things even worse as they disabled starred music.

Ugh.

Gee, you must have missed the sticky thread announcing the release which has multiple responses from Sonos employees and links to official Sonos statements on the status of Spotify:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-version-55-update-now-available-6732101/index1.html