Spotify not working; can only play songs through SONOS app

Hi

I have been having problems for a few days now.

I have a SONOS one, and everything else seems to be working fine except Spotify. It started dropping out a few days ago. I have followed all the suggested ideas: rebooting router, rebooting SONOS, unauthorising and reauthorising Spotify (both from SONOS's end and Spotify's end), changing the channels of both my router and SONOS, etc. My router and one are close, because the one is plugged in, but still not that close (1.5m apart).

I can play my Spotify songs via both my IOS and desktop SONOS apps, but not via the Spotify apps. Spotify 'sees' my SONOS (i.e. it comes up in the 'Devices Available' list), but when I click on that speaker, it doesn't connect. I can actually play two different songs at once, one using the speakers on my computer, and one on my SONOS via the SONOS app, which I know I shouldn't be able to do (it's a one-person account, not a family account).

I have the same problem no matter what device I am using (iphone, PC, mac): it seems to be some kind of overall disconnection between SONOS and Spotify, not a specific app version or similar.

My diagnostics number is 2027013099

Thank you for your help

16 replies

Having the same issues here. Able to play using Sonos app, but Spotify Connect is completely messed up.

Tried rebooting every device at my home, as asked by twitter support, and the issue is still there.

Diagnostic number: 283176083

Can anyone from Sonos team take a look?

Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Spotify and Sonos are having issues!
My diag: 1936411014
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have any of you contacted Spotify? Seems just as likely that it’s a problem at their end.
pwt wrote:

Have any of you contacted Spotify? Seems just as likely that it’s a problem at their end.

It works fine in other spotify connect devices (e.g. amazon echo), so I think that the issue is indeed Sonos related.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
amagus wrote:

pwt wrote:

It works fine in other spotify connect devices (e.g. amazon echo), so I think that the issue is indeed Sonos related.

It might be restricted to Sonos devices, but that still doesn’t necessarily mean the problem is at Sonos’s end. Not working for me, either, so there must be a widespread outage — which means it’s almost certainly already being worked on by Spotify/Sonos.
pwt wrote:

amagus wrote:

pwt wrote:

It might be restricted to Sonos devices, but that still doesn’t necessarily mean the problem is at Sonos’s end. Not working for me, either, so there must be a widespread outage — which means it’s almost certainly already being worked on by Spotify/Sonos.

Makes sense, let’s wait and hope for the best. Happily, sonos support seems to be more responseful: sent spotify a message earlier today and still got no reply from them.
Seconded: support here is far more reliable than Spotify's, especially with the added ability of being able to submit a direct diagnostic report.

I just had a notification on my Spotify app on my PC that there was a new upgrade available; I immediately upgraded thinking that this might be the fix...now that's not working at all. (I am able to use the webplayer though).
Having same issue here too. Can play spotify through sonos app but not via Spotify. On spotify it keeps trying to connect to sonos device but fails. Can actually play two different songs on same account where previously you were unable to.

Diagnostic #68215594
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
barkiechan wrote:

Having same issue here too. Can play spotify through sonos app but not via Spotify. On spotify it keeps trying to connect to sonos device but fails. Can actually play two different songs on same account where previously you were unable to.

That's odd. Spotify Connect is working for me now, whereas it wasn't yesterday. I assumed the outage was over.

Note that it's always been possible to have multiple simultaneous Spotify streams via the Sonos app. It's one of the nice things about the Sonos integration.
Badge
I would suspect this is Sonos specific. I have the same issue with Spotify. Another family member has Google Music with this app you can can to Sonos speakers, but after a short while the music stops. I now even get the issue with Spotify & Google Music using the Sonos app, but to a lesser degree. I have been playing Spotify via the app within Sky Q, no issues. Strange?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
pwt wrote:

barkiechan wrote:

That's odd. Spotify Connect is working for me now, whereas it wasn't yesterday. I assumed the outage was over.

Note that it's always been possible to have multiple simultaneous Spotify streams via the Sonos app. It's one of the nice things about the Sonos integration.

This morning it was back working as always also for me.
(just don't understand why Sonos support always states it is my wifi network not "optimal"!!!)
I’m having exactly the same problems. Spotify app shows devices available but doesn’t not connect to them. Using Beam through Airply and Spotify app and works perfectly.
Hello, could you solve that issue? I've been having it for the last couple days, can only play music through Sonos app or using Line In on my computer. Spotify connects to sonos and looks like everything is normal but no sound from the speakers...
Have the same issue for the past week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
dastly75 wrote:

HI there,

Unless there's an outage, these types of issues are related to local network issues, so there isn't one fix for everyone. Please run through the steps in this guide, which cover the most common causes of audio interruptions. If the guide doesn't help, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look.
Jeff S wrote:

dastly75 wrote:

HI there,

Unless there's an outage, these types of issues are related to local network issues, so there isn't one fix for everyone. Please run through the steps in this guide, which cover the most common causes of audio interruptions. If the guide doesn't help, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look.

It started working again on Sunday. Restarting routers the day prior to that did not resolve the issue and nothing on the network was changed overnight to cause it to start working again.

In fact it had always worked perfectly fine through the Sonos app, just not Spotify Connect.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings