Answered

Spotify library not appearing in Sonos

• 14 May 2020
  • 6 replies

I’ve recently added Spotify to my Sonos controller, but my Spotify library playlist does not appear.  I’ve removed and readded the Spotify service and also updated my music library index, but no joy.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 May 2020, 20:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi @sgtimmerman. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

To insect this issue further, would you be able to provide me with a diagnostic report of your Sonos system? By replying to this post with a confirmation number, I would be happy to take a look.

Thanks for your help, Adam.  I just submitted diagnostics -- 2077941335.

Steve

Are you operating the music service on the profile with Spotify premium? Or, is your account free with Spotify? I do see two Spotify accounts added.

My problem is with the free Spotify account for Steve, named “Steve’s Spotify.”  I do not have the problem with the premium Spotify account named “Eric’s Spotify.”

Thanks.

Thanks for the elaboration.

The free Spotify service does come with limitations. For example, a free Spotify user cannot play individual songs are albums, everything get’s shuffled. That may explain why the individual library does not show up. Considering the premium variant has no issue generating the library, limitations may be the cause. 

Makes sense.  Thanks for your help, Adam

Steve