Answered

Spotify Cutting Out on Sonos

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

When using my spotify on Sonos, my music keeps skipping tracks or stopping completely. The strange thing is, if my wife plays the same spotify account on Sonos from her phone, no issue. Only when i press “play” on my phone does the issue occur. If i use “Sonos radio” from my phone, no issue. We have two spotify accounts connected and I have tried toggling between both from my sonos app on my phone without luck.

Given the information above, i would think to rule out internet speed/connectivity (since everything works fine on her phone) and also any spotify account issues (since these also work fine from her phone). 

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 September 2022, 22:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not necessarily, I fear. Your speakers have a different connection to your router than your phone does...if your phone (or her phone) is on wifi at all. Also, Spotify, to the best of my knowledge, uses a different server to feed Sonos a stream than they use for an application on your phone. 

So both areas need to be looked into. Both your speaker’s connections to your router, most often some form of either wifi interference , or possibly a duplicate IP address issue, needs to be evaluated. And, it could be that Spotify’s server (or the connection along the way), since it’s a different one than your / her phone is using, could be having problems. 

That’s one good reason to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7

Are you both connecting to the same speaker when you have compared playback between phones?

Or does your wife listen to one speaker and you listen on another?