Spotify Connect & India

• 27 February 2019
  • 52 replies

Spotify has just launched in India; for Spotify Connect to work, is it necessary for Spotify to be added to my music services in Sonos? If yes, when will it be visible for selection under music services in the Sonos app in India?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

52 replies

Like I said, I don't have to struggle at all to get the system to work reliably, where music is from my NAS or via Apple Music/Internet. Amazon Music via Echo Dots is also stress free, with Dots wired to line in jacks. As I said also, I have no need for Airplay.
What is your on going problem with?

Update: Fooling around with Spotify to see if it works with Chromecast Audio - it does - I discovered that in India Spotify Connect has started working with selectable Sonos speakers/groups just fine, allowing the native Spotify app to be used as the control interface for Sonos.

PS: I found it working before adding Spotify to Music services in Sonos, and obviously, continuing to work thereafter, with Spotify now in the list of services one can add to Sonos in India. But this suggests that it isn't necessary to add Spotify to Sonos for Spotify Connect to play via Sonos speakers.