Answered

spotify changing volume when speakers are grouped

• 15 February 2020
  • 4 replies

when I group two play one speakers together, and open Spotify it lowers the volume in one of the rooms, really annoying, especially when you want to skip in and out of Spotify to see what’s playing next etc.

anyone else have this issue???

i don’t have it connected to any Alexa devices or anything 

icon

Best answer by Adam S 16 February 2020, 19:12

Because the communication between the platforms are technically different,  The Sonos speaker that is chosen in Spotify, (connected devices) will change and conform to the volume settings that are on the Spotify app.

Are you able to disconnect the Sonos as a preferred speaker in the Spotify app?

This should stop the auto adjustments to the volume. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks for the post @gary115  and welcome to the Sonos Community.

Is the volume lowering on one of the players immediately after playing a track on the Spotify app? Or does this happen when just entering the app?

When using the Spotify Direct Control function, the volume adjustments that are set on the Spotify is not aware that the units are grouped and adjustments will only be made on the targeted speaker. The two volume controls are separated between apps.

When using Spotify on the Sonos app, does this issue present itself while grouped?

@Adam S it happens when entering the Spotify app whilst music is playing, it will turn down volume in one room and raise it in the other, 

i then exit the app go back into Sonos app level the volumes via group volume, but when you re-enter Spotify it changes the volumes back again???

the only way i found so far to keep it stable is staying in the Sonos app but then you cannot browse through the playlist etc.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Because the communication between the platforms are technically different,  The Sonos speaker that is chosen in Spotify, (connected devices) will change and conform to the volume settings that are on the Spotify app.

Are you able to disconnect the Sonos as a preferred speaker in the Spotify app?

This should stop the auto adjustments to the volume. 

Yes thanks @Adam S didnt realise I could control it all directly from the Sonos app.