Spotify App Playlists Into Sonos Spotify

• 24 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I am trying to figure out a way to get a Spotify playlist by an artist to show up in the native Sonos app so I don’t have to play it from the Spotify’s app. Absolutely driving me insane. Accidentally did it once but have no idea how I actually did it. I am an Apple Music guy so this is foreign. I have a Spotify free account. Went on the Spotify app and added the playlists to my library. They do not show up anywhere in the Spotify account on my Sonos app. It’s just generic Spotify generated crap. Adding it to Profile does nothing. I can Airplay it to the speakers and then it shows up as Recently Played in Sonos under Spotify. From there I have to add it in as Sonos Favorites and finally have access to it. That is about 4 steps to long. Any way to clean this up would be helpful.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

More explanation on Sonos and Spotify is found here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1153?language=en_US

This states that it should be possible to have the Sonos app use Spotify playlists. I use a paid Spotify account and my Spotify playlists (and any changes made to them) load automatically in the Sonos app. I do not know why this does not work on your system. Did you talk to Sonos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

<deleted as I’m not sure I understand the question>

Userlevel 7
Now, by Spotify playlist by artist, if you mean the “This Is ‘artist’ ” playlist, the simplest way to add to My Sonos would be to do a playlist search in the Sonos app for the respective artist playlist, then you can tap the ‘…’ in top right to ‘Add Playlist to My Sonos’.

There appears to be definitive limitations when using a free Spotify account with Sonos. My Premium Spotify subscription recently ended and not renewed it yet. Under ‘Browse/Spotify/Your Playlists’ only 10 playlists now appear, when I have many more. Some of the missing playlists appear instead under ‘Browse/Spotify/Good Afternoon’. Using a Premium Subscription, all Spotify playlists were easily viewed in the Sonos app.

Same here. Sonos no longer integrates with Spotify. 

You need to migrate your Spotify playlists to My Sonos. 

If you can find them, chose option of adding to my sonos from the drop down menu. 

They then become My Sonos playlists 

You then access them through the star symbol on sonos menu. 

You cannot access them via Spotify while in sonos app. 

Do not know when this changed. It is annoying.  Another "improvement" of the app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In the Sonos iPhone app I choose the music note, choose Spotify and scroll down to “My Library”. that contains "My playlists".  Does it work differently for you?