Question

Spotify and Pandora stop regularly

• 6 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Our Sonos system stops playing at regular intervals each day, either playing Pandora from the Sonos controller or playing Spotify from the Spotify app. This has been happening for some time and we have been on production software for several weeks now. I disabled the wifi access at the suggestion of Sonos support some time ago and it has made no difference. The current stoppage was in my office (Studio TV + Frogs), but it happens throughout the house. See diagnostic 8181976.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

This has been happening several times a day for me on Pandora, and it began happening in the past two weeks. Often stops right in the middle of a song, and the controller simply tells me there's no music playing (thanks for that!). I have three synched Sonos players in three different rooms; sometimes one stops, sometimes all. There's no pattern.
I am having the exact same issue. How do we get support for this issue?
Sonos is aware of the problem, says they're working on it. These are the last days of Pandora anyway.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Pandora only playing one or two songs at a time today before stopping. Something about a Service Error pops up, I am not able to see the exact error since it disappears fast.

Diagnostics: 8232834
Same problem here. Happens when playing Pandora from within the Sonos app and when casting to Sonos from the Pandora app. Also started for us about two weeks ago.
For a while Pandora would stop playing after the completion of a track; now it stops a few seconds after a new track begins, or halfway through a track. Enough with this musicus interruptus, I'm searching for alternatives. Pandora recently discontinued several useful features in the platform. No idea what they're thinking, but they're alienating this longtime customer. And the company lost $65M in their last quarter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. We are currently tracking an issue regarding Pandora playback on Sonos. Sonos and Pandora both are actively looking into the issue and hope to have a resolution soon.

Hey there, FergiDotCom. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I was unable to locate the specific error message we are tracking. Could you replicate the problem and submit another? Be sure to reply with the confirmation number as you did before. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for posting the diagnostic report, ASoft. I was able to verify the error message is the same as the one we are currently tracking. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this running again.

For more information and updates on this, check out this topic.
Same issue here. The stoppage has been happening since the last update on software -- about early December. At first, I thought my Droid phone was going to sleep and causing it. But, it doesn't seem to matter which controller I use -- Windows, Droid or Ipad if playing Pandora it stops after a few songs.

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 11:39 AM Central Time
Unable to play '' - service unresponsive.

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:15 PM Central Time

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 9:29 AM Central Time

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 7:12 PM Central Time

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 7:39 PM Central Time