Answered

Spotify

• 30 December 2017
  • 1 reply

My Spotify thru Sonos cuts out with the message that we are using Spotify in two rooms or we started with another device
icon

Best answer by Keith N 31 December 2017, 15:56

Hi there, Murphy08. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. This message normally indicates that you have hit the "stream limit" for Spotify. This can happen on Sonos if you are using the same Spotify account to stream to more than one room or device.

For example, my Spotify account is set up to my home Sonos. Additionally, I use my Spotify account while at work. If my girlfriend were to not pay attention to the account selected in Sonos and play from my account, it would kick me off Spotify at work giving me a similar message. If I restart playback at work, she would then receive a message just as you did on Sonos.

To read more information about multiple accounts, check out this article.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Murphy08. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. This message normally indicates that you have hit the "stream limit" for Spotify. This can happen on Sonos if you are using the same Spotify account to stream to more than one room or device.

For example, my Spotify account is set up to my home Sonos. Additionally, I use my Spotify account while at work. If my girlfriend were to not pay attention to the account selected in Sonos and play from my account, it would kick me off Spotify at work giving me a similar message. If I restart playback at work, she would then receive a message just as you did on Sonos.

To read more information about multiple accounts, check out this article.