Spotifiy Integration -

Userlevel 2
Hi there!

As i heard that the spotify boss is a big Sonos fan too, maybe he would be happy, if we could get a few more features - for example the radio function or the last.fm integration including recommended albums.

with the new spotify app for ipad i have more functionality on listening through ipad, streaming to apple tv connected to my amp, and not using the sonos connect. it's even cheaper if you wan't to start a new system.
i think apple and airplay could get a serious competitor to sonos in streaming music.

what do you think about it?

regards from austria

tom

8 replies

I agree that Sonos Spotify integration is rubbish.

Just adding Spotify radio would keep me happy!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Another vote for better Spotify integration.

Radio is a big miss - I currently have to plump for a Last.fm subscription to get any kind of artist streaming radio function.

I'd also love better music discovery, especially playlist search. Also, support for nested folder.

A big issue for me as well is being unable to play Spotify tracks which are available through the normal Spotify iOS and Mac app.

All of this is frustrating as I am completely bought into the concept of Spotify and my Sonos setup. It's a damn shame they don't work as well as I want/should expect.
Userlevel 2
I also think the new Spotify app to Ipad is really good. You get the feature with related artists etc.

Instead of having Spotify integrated to the Sonos app - would it be possible to integrate the Sonos app to Spotify? That would mean that you could play directly from Spotify to your Sonos products by installing the Sonos app to the Spotify app...
Userlevel 2
That kind of system is possible if you use a Airport Express.
You can let all your Ipad sounds run through the Airpot which is connected to your Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Badge
That kind of system is possible if you use a Airport Express.
You can let all your Ipad sounds run through the Airpot which is connected to your Sonos.

True, but I like the fire and forget practicality of Sonos rather than stream from my iPad. Plus I always have streaming problems with my Airport Expresses to the point that they now sit in my 'to Ebay' pile...
Userlevel 2
Im a new user to Sonos and Spotify. Love the combined service totally .... When it works. Never works for more than a couple of tracks then either stops or holds then starts again or skips to next track. Internet speed fine while it's happening. Very frustrating and was still happening last night 😞 any ideas? Integration with iTunes (apart from no artwork?) and Internet radio works fine by the way. I use Virgin Media 30 mbs Internet access.
Userlevel 2
I have just subscribed to a free trial of Spotify Premium and found an issue that I can't seem to see anywhere else.

I create playlists and they appear twice in Sonos. If I add a new playlist then it sorts itself out then the duplicates appear again. Can't see its anything to do with whether I have published the playlist or made it collaborative.

I haven't really used the whole service yet to any length but if its as bad as some people have said then I won't be taking it out after the trial. The main part of having spotify would be the sonos integration...
Userlevel 2
Another vote for better Spotify integration.

I'd also love better music discovery, especially playlist search. Also, support for nested folder.

the playlist thing would be very useful.

in my opinion apple airplay is a very good technology (i'm using it for video and music streaming in common with plex) - and i am afraid, that a litte piece of software or an app could use this in a clever way and make the expensive sonos hardware components useless for me.
a lot of devices (i.e. av-receivers) still have integrated airplay.
i'm not a big fan of apple - but at the moment they seem to be the only ones which have the power to spread a well working standard in audio and video streaming - unless sonos can react fast enough.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings