Answered

Soundcloud stream partially loads

• 6 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello.

It’s been a while since the Soundcloud stream started cutting off: I always see only 10 records. However the Stream should be infinite. I don’t see the same problem in “Likes” or “New & Hot” sections.

The problem appears in both Sonos iOS mobile and Mac desktop apps.

I’ve submitted diagnostics, mu number is 691637994

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 April 2022, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Denis123 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Two of your speakers (Natasha and Avocado) are showing physical WiFi transmission errors, so my first bit of advice to you is to try to Reduce wireless interference around the speakers and your router.

“Natasha” is showing the most errors so I advise, when creating a group of speakers, you do not select Natasha first - group Natasha in to another room instead.

There’s evidence of your router not performing some tasks as expected so I also recommend a reboot - please turn off your Sonos speakers (unplug them) and your WiFi router. Once the router has been off for at least 30 seconds, turn it back on again. It will take about 3 minutes for WiFi to return - once it does, then turn on your Sonos speakers again.

Test Soundcloud. I don’t know about an “infinite” queue, but it should certainly be longer than 10 tracks.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P 

Thanks for the quick response and your suggestions for setting up my speakers! I will definitely try this.

But these suggestions are mostly related to the transport (or network) layers of OSI model whereas my problem is on the application layer. I don’t think after I fix all problems related to WiFi it will fix how Sonos uses Soundcloud API to display the music stream.

Any suggestions about how can I fix this application related bug? Should I share any additional data for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Denis123 

My main thought was that due to the communication issues I saw, there might be a time-out in the loading of the queue and that’s why it was shorter than expected. A bit of a long-shot, sure, but these issues are worth addressing anyway to maximise playback stability. If the queue is always 10 tracks long, that would certainly work against my theory.

In addition, I was seeing reports of DNS queries taking 17 seconds, so a reboot of the router was definitely something to try. In fact, if your primary DNS host is from your ISP, you might want to change it to Google’s - 8.8.8.8. You may also want to reboot your router on a regular basis (maybe 4-6 times a year), especially if was supplied by your ISP.

Back to Soundcloud - I would definitely try removing your Soundcloud account from Sonos and adding it back on again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team in order to document this issue. In the Browse section, the Sonos app only displays what it is told to display by the music service API. So, although we may not be able to fix it ourselves, if we’re able to identify and reproduce the issue we can certainly communicate with Soundcloud directly in order to expedite a solution.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P I already tried to drop the service and add it again but it didn’t help much. After I play with my network settings I will contact the support.

Thanks for the assistance!