Answered

Soundcloud playlist only partially loads

• 23 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Only about 100 sounds from a soundcloud playlist are loading on sonos. Have tried removing and reinstalling both apps with no luck. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by controlav 26 November 2020, 17:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. 

However, if that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I reset my router and unplugged all the Sonos devices, but didn’t address the issue.  I’ve submitted my diagnostic information with confirmation number: 1821247646

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I believe Soundcloud has a hard limit of 100 items per playlist via Sonos. Not sure if its a paging bug in their SMAPI service, or a design decision. Check with Soundcloud support.

I believe Soundcloud has a hard limit of 100 items per playlist via Sonos. Not sure if its a paging bug in their SMAPI service, or a design decision. Check with Soundcloud support.

Thanks...you nailed it.  Once I searched for “soundcloud playlist 100” I started seeing those responses.  Have cut the playlist into 100 song chunks.  Pretty crazy I need to do this given the expense of these speakers and that the issue seems to be at least four years old, but at least I know what’s going on now.  

You may want to complain to SoundCloud about it, I don’t think the limitation is in the Sonos API, so with hopefully minor effort on SoundCloud engineer’s part, they should be able to ‘fix’ it. 

I like the Stream list of tracks in SoundCloud - it consists of content shared and liked by artists I follow.

I often want to play one track from the Stream - but when I double-click on a track to play it, the Sonos app (MacOS, all versions for what seems like years now) prompts me that it’ll be changing my Queue, and it proceeds to add EVERY track in the SoundCloud Stream to my Queue, not just the single track I double-clicked on.

Uh… why?! Why can’t I just add one SoundCloud Stream track at a time to my queue by double-clicking?

(Note that if I click on the triangle next to a track, then choose to Play Next, only that track gets added - but why do I have to do that?!)