Answered

Sorting Tidal Content

• 19 June 2018
  • 5 replies

I would like to sort my Tidal albums and artists in alphabetical order in the Sonos iOS app. I am using an iPhone 8 with Sonos 8.6. It currently lists the albums and artists in chronological order with newest added content first. Is it possible to change to alphabetical order?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 19 June 2018, 20:56

Hi OutOfSightListener, that isn't possible, but I'll pass the request along to our team for you. For suggested changes on how music services show up in Sonos, it's also good to reach out to that service directly too, as these things take development on both sides usually.

Thanks for asking!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi OutOfSightListener, that isn't possible, but I'll pass the request along to our team for you. For suggested changes on how music services show up in Sonos, it's also good to reach out to that service directly too, as these things take development on both sides usually.

Thanks for asking!
Thanks Ryan for passing along my request. I will reach out to Tidal as well. It's a small thing, but it would make a big improvement for me.
Badge
I've been frustrated by this issue for years now. Very surprised it hasn't yet been sorted. The irony is when TIDAL first became available on Sonos, albums and artists WERE actually displayed in alphabetical order....so the interface has gone backwards!

There's always the option to direct-play from iOS but this is pretty terrible (frequent disconnections, tracks pausing halfway through etc....very poor).
Unfortunately, this is a longstanding issue. What I find especially frustrating is that Bluesound's app can sort Tidal artists alphabetically. Tidal and Bluesound have already solved this. I am not sure why Sonos can't.
Userlevel 2
It's very annoying. Sonos blames the Tidal API but surely Sonos could override the order in which artists are displayed in THEIR app.