Soon, can’t play my own music from my ios?!?

Userlevel 2
This is the biggest BS!! Sonos will soon no longer allow me to play my own music. Streaming services only coming soon folks. Sounds like money greed to me. I have been a supporter of sonos since they first came out! I will never again buy a sonos product again, in fact I’m telling all my friends and family and encouraging them to never buy a sonos product. I’m super pissed, that’s a lot of money down the drain for me, cause I don’t “pay” for streaming services l. I just wanted a damn good WiFi speaker that I could have one in each room. To tell you the truth, I’ve been disappointed from the beginning. Sometimes all I want to do is listen to music from YouTube like I do on my Bose mini soundlink, but nope, sonos won’t let me do that. It’s MY damn speaker that I paid money for, and the technology is fully capable of doing so, but money greedy sonos put restrictions to get you to $$ up. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!! and frankly saddened. I had high hopes for you sonos l, high hopes down the drain.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

SOLD !!

All sonos gear has gone.

Invested 2K in Samsung product today.

It just works………….

Badge

That’s really not making me feel better 🤨 but great for you. Let’s hope apple don’t mess your new system up. 

SOLD !!

All sonos gear has gone.

It just works………….

Since Sonos units tend to multiply like rabbits when introduced to a new home, I'm sure Sonos is happy it went to someone who finds it useful.

This is the biggest BS!! Sonos will soon no longer allow me to play my own music. Streaming services only coming soon folks. Sounds like money greed to me. I have been a supporter of sonos since they first came out! I will never again buy a sonos product again, in fact I’m telling all my friends and family and encouraging them to never buy a sonos product. I’m super pissed, that’s a lot of money down the drain for me, cause I don’t “pay” for streaming services l. I just wanted a damn good WiFi speaker that I could have one in each room. To tell you the truth, I’ve been disappointed from the beginning. Sometimes all I want to do is listen to music from YouTube like I do on my Bose mini soundlink, but nope, sonos won’t let me do that. It’s MY damn speaker that I paid money for, and the technology is fully capable of doing so, but money greedy sonos put restrictions to get you to $$ up. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!! and frankly saddened. I had high hopes for you sonos l, high hopes down the drain.

Yah Sonos can back off. I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT. This is not the first issues I have had with Sonos, more like 20th over a 6 year span. The idea that they can’t get this figured out is laughable and sad! I only own apple computers and phones. Just the idea that I spent so much money with Sonos AND NOW it’s MY RESPONSIBILITY to go find some backdoor hack to get it to work shows what a company Sonos is. Anyone interested in buying 4 - Play 5s second gen, a sub and 2- Play 3s? This is utter crap and for anyone wondering about the issues I have had to date besides this issue I can provide a list. So save your breath! 

SOLD !!

All sonos gear has gone.

It just works………….

Doing the exact same thing, screw them! They have been a terrible company since day one. Decent sound, terrible company!