Question

Sonos won't work with Spotify

• 18 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi.

I’ve got a Sonos Symfonisk speaker, which was running fine a couple of weeks ago. Now I tried to use it and doesn’t work. Spotify recognizes it, but it doesn’t connect.
Sonos app loads Spotify profile, library, etc., but doesn’t play (message: “Could not play song. Spotify connection was interrupted”).

I already restarted router, mobile phone and speaker, several times. I also removed&reinstalled both Spotify and Sonos apps. And tried on android phone, os phone, ipad, PC. Also tried linking speaker through ethernet cable, using and older version of Spotify, reauthorizing Spotify on Sonos app. Nothing works.

(I know the speaker does work - with the Sonos app radio service, for instance)

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

@jmestre1 Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I understand that you are describing issues with your Spotify service with Sonos not playing. What happens when you try TuneIn or Pandora on Sonos? Where is your product(s) placed in the home and how far from the router as we are seeing indications of wireless interference that could be network or environmentally related. We are also seeing performance issues with how Sonos is allowed to perform on your wifi network,

Please also update us with your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). After gathering this information then please complete a full network and Sonos equipment power re-boot off/on for 30 seconds with no lights. When everything has been re-booted and you’re reconnected then test streaming music for 30+ minutes and then submit us a new diagnostic report number here and let us know of the testing results.

If you are still having the issue then temporarily Ethernet wire your product to the router and test the music playback once more for 30+ minuets. Does the issue still happen? Lastly, please provide us a second diagnostic report number while playing music in this wired configuration.