Answered

Sonos with turntable

• 24 April 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Hello,
I recently heard by Sonos email that would be possible to add a turntable with line in connection and then send the signal to all my Sonos speakers all around my house.
3 options are available:
- play 5 with direct connection with Jack / RCA Y
- connect
- connect amp

My question is:
Can I connect the Sonos Connect to the turntable without any additional speaker but for the Sonos 5.1 setup that I already have in another room (Playbar + sub + 2xplay1), and then send the audio signal via Wi-Fi directly to them, or do I have anyway to phisically connect at least one speaker directly to the Sonos Connect?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 24 April 2018, 12:28

The answer is yes 😃 Once connected to the Connect you can play the turntable on any speaker within your Sonos network, no need for any new speakers or a physical connection.

Note the turntable must have a pre-amp before connection to any Sonos line in.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The answer is yes 😃 Once connected to the Connect you can play the turntable on any speaker within your Sonos network, no need for any new speakers or a physical connection.

Note the turntable must have a pre-amp before connection to any Sonos line in.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Perfect!!!! Thank you very much. Since I currently don’t have a turntable as well, I’m going to buy the Sonos recomended one (Pro-Ject essential III phono) that Has got the amp
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Just One more question. Is the Project essential 3 phono able to read also CD Rom or only vynil?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
It's purely a Vinyl turntable.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Another question please. Pro-ject essential 3 and essential 3 phono are two different model, or is it actually the same one? I ask it because the phono One has got the integrated phono preamp, so I don’t want to buy the wrong version.
Thanks again
Could you provide links to both of these, so we can look at them?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
The “Phono” edition has a built in phonograph preamp. Looks like the regular Essential doesn’t.