Sonos with Idagio issues

• 12 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Idagio streaming service has recently become available in Canada so I signed up for an account and added it to my Sonos setup. Couple of issues:
1. In the Idagio app on my pc I've saved around 150 albums to My Collection. Sonos will only show around 50, and to be able to listen to an older save, I have to run the Idagio app on my computer, delete the album from my collection and then add it back, after which it appears in the Sonos app. This is a little inconvenient.
2. The other issue is, in the Sonos app, I can't search in Idagio. On the PC, if I click in the search box at the top right, I can select Tidal, Spotify and Apple Music, but not Idagio - how come?
I have read this: https://support.idagio.com/technical-questions/idagio-and-sonos/connecting-idagio-to-sonos which helped with browsing, but not searching.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there,

Thanks so much for using IDAGIO with Sonos. My name is Lukas and I am part of the Support team at IDAGIO.

To your questions:
1. You are right, the maximum albums being visible on Sonos was limited to 50. Good news is that we have just increased the amount, so you should be able to see all your IDAGIO albums in the Sonos Controller App. Thank you for reporting this to us.

2. IDAGIO offers a unique search tailored specifically to the needs of classical music. Therefore the structure behind the search function is fundamentally different from services that focus on popular music and cannot be integrated with other streaming providers that focus on popular music. That said, you can search within the IDAGIO app and directly stream your music to your Sonos speakers. To do that, select your Sonos system under devices available (iOS) or the speaker icon (Android and Desktop).

If you need any further assistance, feel free to get in touch with us on contact@idagio.com.
Best regards,
Lukas from IDAGIO
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks, Lukas! I do see all my saved albums now. I still have an issue connecting from the Idagio apps (PC & ioS) to Sonos which I've taken to your email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I am impressed that someone from a music service is on these forums, helping with their customers. Never seen any sign of anyone from "the big boys" like Spotify, Apple, or sirius on here. (I have a vague recollection of someone from Pandora a long time ago). Well done Idagio!
Thanks, Lukas! I do see all my saved albums now. I still have an issue connecting from the Idagio apps (PC & ioS) to Sonos which I've taken to your email.
I have just replied to your email and hope that the information provided is useful.

I am impressed that someone from a music service is on these forums, helping with their customers. Never seen any sign of anyone from "the big boys" like Spotify, Apple, or sirius on here. (I have a vague recollection of someone from Pandora a long time ago). Well done Idagio!
Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it.

Best regards,
Lukas from IDAGIO