Answered

Sonos will not play songs from Amazon Music in Playlist

• 11 April 2020
  • 2 replies

This is not resolved as I have seen many topics closed out, maybe just worded different but when I called in on Thursday 4.9 I was told “we are aware of the issue and there is no current fix”. I can play songs from Amazon music in Sonos no problem, but as soon as I add them to my Sonos Playlist and try to listen to them,  I get the dreaded “song not encoded correctly” error message.

Diagnostics  1735251149.

icon

Best answer by Sebastien D. 16 April 2020, 20:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings,

Welcome to the community, we are aware of an issue affecting certain content in Amazon Music playlists and have reported it to Amazon.

Workaround's

• You cannot put purchased music into playlists, but start the same content from any other container in 'My Music'.
  • Non-Purchased music is not affected and will work fine in playlists

What do you mean by Purchased music? Like buying the actual song? I do not do that, I pay for amazon streaming of their music. So when I go into my playlist I search for songs on amazon and add them to my playlist. that is when they will not play and I get the encoding error.