Question

Sonos support for Hi Res Audio

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

105 replies

The air ionisation thing isn't an invention; it was, believe it or not, on sale at the Munich HiFi show a couple of years ago, touted to obtain better sound from speakers. I thought using that for improving wireless signal quality is less of a stretch!
For pure audio, Sonos can - objectively assessed - be as good as the best audio systems out there even if one has to resort to Connect to do so where extreme power/room size conditions are present.

Huh? I must have missed you coming up with objective evidence for this.... Link, please?

You're surely not claiming that the only reason that a medium or high end system sounds good is because it's fed with a non bit perfect Connect, are you?
Badge +1
Has anyone else noticed that current SONOS firmware now supports playback of 24-bit, up to 48 kHz?
Has anyone else noticed that current SONOS firmware now supports playback of 24-bit, up to 48 kHz?
As demonstrated here the samples are truncated at 16-bits, presumably without dither.
...presumably without dither.
Demonstrably without dither.

As I think I mentioned elsewhere, I see no reason why Sonos couldn't now simply pass 24 bit files without truncation. It would be easier than truncating and dithering, and more accurate than just truncating.