Answered

Sonos speakers missing from Spotify device

• 25 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All

Has anyone else noticed lately that Spotify connect is very hit and miss? I’d say over the last month or so my system hardly ever shows in Spotify. However what I have noticed is if I change Wifi networks from 2.5ghz to 5Ghz or visa versa(different SSID names). They all seem to suddenly appear, then a few hours later they’re gone again.

The only difference with my system in this period is the addition of a google tv chromecast which always seems to show in Spotify.  Any ideas if this could be the cause?

Thanks!

Ryan

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 25 November 2020, 12:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Check in the Spotify settings that your Sonos devices appear in the list .  I have “Show Local devices Only” box unchecked too. This seemed to sort it when I had the same issues as you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ll give it a go. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

So in my case I alao had the "show local devices only" unchecked. I changed it to checked and it appeared to resolve the issue for a while but again over the last few days its back to hit and miss. I can literally just close Spotify and reopen it, and they dissappear, etc.

Crazy, I really wish they would just fix it.