Answered

Sonos somehow not seeing music on my iPhone now...

• 31 December 2016
  • 15 replies

Can someone explain why, after a few years of use, my Sonos app is no longer seeing music on my iPhone? Can I/we get an honest answer as to why this is happening and an exact fix for the issue instead of a vague "try this" fix? When I buy a product I expect it to function for its intended purpose for the entirety of my ownership. When a new release is put into production I expect it to work in the same function as prior version with NO WORK OR attention needed from me.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 2 January 2017, 20:14

If it was truly an issue between Sonos and Apple, this thread would have hundreds, possibly thousands, of complaints. It has only yours. I would submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here. Sonos support will get back to you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello okanejeff

Welcome to the Sonos Community

First I think it is great that you had years of use with Sonos and no troubles at all. As I am sure you know Sonos is IP based and for all kinds of reasons your router could hand out the same IP to more than on thing. This is the tech world we live in now and not a fault of Sonos. I would suggest a full system reboot. Turn off everything and than turn on your router and one thing at a time till they are all back up again.

Hope this helps.
How would an IP issue be the cause? The phone still works as a volume remote for the TV. The router sees both the phone and the Tv.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are you certain that the songs exist in your phone and not cloud. Also go into Sonos settings (in Apple settings) and make sure the " music Library" toggle is turned on.

Did you somewhere somehow not get honest answers in troubleshooting process to be irritated in some way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I also suggest going into Sonos settings (in Sonos app) and turning off automatic updates if updates make you mad in such manner.
The songs are on my phone. Not in the cloud. I've used my Sonos system to play music from my phone regularly until... all of the sudden.. it is no longer available, no longer "see's" my music. My gut (and I hope that I am wrong) says this issue is between Sonos and Apple. Thats the frustrating part... enterprise agreements between OEM's like Sonos and Media/technology compaines like Apple are constantly being tweaked and renegotiated. Ultimately.. we the consumer get stuck with the expense.

I bought the Sonos system to specifically play music from my Iphone. It cant do that right now.
If it was truly an issue between Sonos and Apple, this thread would have hundreds, possibly thousands, of complaints. It has only yours. I would submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here. Sonos support will get back to you.
There are... just not on this thread.
Sonos customer support cant help. They need to call
Me back after the diagnostics are reviewed. It's been an hour so far...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And you checked the switch in Apple settings for Sonos.

It is you nothing to do with Apple and Sonos. You can keep saying t but your absolutely wrong.

You never said you checked what I told you at the start to make sure music library sharing is switched on. You could even try flipping it off then back on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
... and you have a really bad attitude for someone looking for others to help them.
Oh... look.. a troll! How unique! Please continue to jab... I love trolls. I can actually hear you chew your xxxl steak sub with extra cheese and slurp your giant mountain dew whilst you type. Please... continue
Issue resolved by Jimmy in tech support. The new apple upgrade turned off the media share in general>>restrictions>> . The issue had nothing to do with Sonos
Gee, it turned out to be exactly what Chris said it was. Some troll.
Chris was not referring to the restrictions. He's still a troll and you are his sidekick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea .... actually listen to the advice given! We all know the abuser here.

Best of luck to you in your future blame game.