Answered

Sonos slow to access Google Music / Unable to Play-Unable to Connect to Google Music error

• 21 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I really like my new Sonos setup. I have a Connect with a pair of two Play1 speakers, with output and input thru my Yamaha RX V681 receiver. Everything is generally working great: I have music from my Plex server, ReListen, and Google Music coming in thru the Sonos app to the Play speakers as well as piped into my receiver, and sources coming from the receiver out to Sonos as well.

I am having trouble with the Google Music connection through the Sonos app though. I can browse my Google Music library, but when I try to play something, I get an error that says “Unable to Play-Unable to Connect to Google Music”. After Sonos tries to access a few tracks, with that error, it eventually connects. This takes awhile, maybe 30-40 seconds or so. Sometimes I can skip between tracks without an issue, but usually I get this error whenever I select a different track. I tried changing the wireless channel on my router but that did not seem to help. I would really like to rely mainly on the Sonos app if I can get it working smoothly.

I submitted diagnostics: 2049820445. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
icon

Best answer by mpatry 22 July 2018, 16:05

OK - Never mind! A couple of reboots of everything and this problem has disappeared. I think maybe it was an IOS hiccup.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

OK - Never mind! A couple of reboots of everything and this problem has disappeared. I think maybe it was an IOS hiccup.
Hi there, I am having the same issue with my 2 One speakers, apps both on Windows 10 and on Android ... skipping tracks or i have to stop music, then play... submitted a diagnostic ~1949566949
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, I am having the same issue with my 2 One speakers, apps both on Windows 10 and on Android ... skipping tracks or i have to stop music, then play... submitted a diagnostic ~1949566949

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Unfortunately the report's formatting has some errors and I'm not able to read it. Try the steps found in this guide which should help with the audio skipping.

If that doesn't do the trick, please send along a new report and I'll take a look.