Answered

Sonos roam visible but can't connect on spotify app

• 17 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello everybody,

I have a problem when trying to play music on my Sonos roam via the Spotify app on my phone, all done with wifi.

The roam speaker and the phone are both connected to the same wifi and are updated (roam system and spotify app) to the latest version.

When asking the voice assistant to play music on spotify it works fine.

The problem arises though when I am listening to some music on my phone, and I want to transfer it to my roam speaker. I can see the device on spotify connect, but when I click to link it it just remains on “connecting...” and never really connects, so I can’t control roam via my app, but just with google assistant.

I found out that if put music on the roam speaker using spotify on my laptop then it works fine, and once roam is playing I can see it also on my spotify app. This kind of a workaround lets me use the mobile app to play music on the roam speaker if selected from playlists, but for some reason it doesn’t let me play music from the popular songs in an artist page; I click but with no feedback whatsoever.

I don’t know then if this issue can be on spotify side or not, because it happened just lately that roam doesn’t want to connect with the app, or that it behaves weirdly if connected through that workaround I mentioned. Prior to this, I usually used the roam speaker without any issues.

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 September 2022, 11:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Edovr 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try rebooting your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. Please also try a reboot of your phone.

If these steps don’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.