Answered

Sonos Radio Reauthorize

• 11 December 2020
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

My Sonos system comprises round 10 Play:1, several Play:3. All works brilliantly and I love it. Moved over to Sonos Radio and very pleased … apart from one thing.

Every 10-14 days alarms stop working first thing - I get the infernal chime instead of Radio 4 at 630am! When I check the app it says radio needs reauthorised. When I click to authorise it all works fine again and stays that way for another period of time before the whole saga starts again. This has now happened maybe 5 or 6 times.

Is there any way to make the authorisation permanent? I don’t have this authorise problem with Apple Music or Spotify. It is rather annoying as always appears on a 630am alarm then I need to fiddle around to get Radio 4 for wakeup!

If anyone can offer any assistance I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Andrew

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 December 2020, 00:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

I have the same issue - Sonos Radio set as an alarm - regularly get chime instead and I have to reauthorise to fix it…... 

Badge

Quick update. Tried contacting Sonos in Norway, and after ½ hour unfortunately the answer was: we can’t help you… 

Badge

The same issues today … Diagnostic# is 1059917746. Will report to Sonos later today.

Asking Sonos is great, but if you expect an intelligent reply, you should submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and post the number here, or call Sonos Support directlyto discuss it.

Badge

I’ve had the same issue every day now for quite some time. Reauthorizing, playing, new day, reauthorizing …

This is a quite recent issue and has never been a problem until after the app was updated from 12.2.7 to 13. Network setup is the same as always, no changes at all. Sonos?

You can, if you desire, do a more permanent version of that fix, by looking at your router’s manual, and assigning reserved IP addresses to all your network devices. Then you shouldn’t have to do that rebooting process again.

Note, that’s just a fix for the duplicate IP address issue, which happens on some routers more frequently. There are other, more common reasons as to why speakers disconnect from the router. Mostly covered in the wifi interference FAQ. 

Networking is fun!

this solved my problem:

1. unplug all of your SONOS speakers.
  2. unplug your modem/router/access point(s)
  3. pause
  4. restart your modem (and then router, then access points if they’re separate)
  5. after your wifi network is fully up again, re-power all of your SONES speakers

i was having the same problem every few days. after reading all the entries on help forums contacted tech support. i have not had the problem since-- it’s been a couple weeks now.

Badge

Same issue here, it’s been happening for months on end.  Only music service having this problem is Sonos Radio....so I read that as a not a hardware/wifi issue….it’s an app / music service issue. 

Super annoying, particularly with this many people having this problem for this long.  Hello bug fix?

same. every couple of days? what happened to the SONOS moderator? no follow-up on the thread?

I have the same issue, exactly. I have done the things minus the reporting, but plainly it’s not a problem with my system. This is a problem with the app, please fix your stuff Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

yup happened again for me, and agree checking your wifi channel is pointless, the only that that works is going into Sonos Radio and re-auth’ing

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have been having the same problem.  I have to reauthorize every 1-2 weeks.  Not a major problem but it is a problem that should be addressed and fixed by Sonos.  Instead, they will just respond with the same infuriating answers (check your cable, isp speed, wifi channel etc) when they know damn well it is a common problem occurring with many accounts.  Sonos support … same as it ever was...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just submitted 766185134 as it did it again this morning

Userlevel 2
Badge

and another me too.

Was happily playing 6 Music, went to change to Radio2 and failed to play, a tunein source played no problem, went into Music Source → Sonos Radio, instantly got need to re-auth message, clicked OK and all fine again.

Happens every couple of weeks

Badge

I have exactly the same problem, which happens just as others have described it. As has been said, it doesn’t happen with any other streaming service, therefore I doubt it’s to do with channel selection or placement of the equipment (I’ve addressed all that anyway). Clicking reauthorise solves it immediately, but as TuckerJ pointed out, it’s especially frustrating when it happens on the morning alarm. It also should be completely unnecessary. This is happening to enough people for it to be fairly clear it’s a problem with Sonos Radio and not with individual systems and set ups. Sonos ought to be able to correct this. I subcribe to Sonos Radio HD but plan to cancel unless this matter can be resolved.

There seems to be a fundamental problem with the SONOS Radio app as this is happening to so many of us, all with different configurations.

My system and applications are all up-to-date.

Agreed.

I have had the exact same issue as you describe.
This morning, I faced the dreaded Sonos Chime instead of radio, and I am now unable to reauthorize the account.
All my systems are up to date as well.

And another me too, and yesterday it was even worse as it refused to reauthorize. What was even more annoying was that I was in the middle of playing playlist and it just stopped.

There seems to be a fundamental problem with the SONOS Radio app as this is happening to so many of us, all with different configurations.

My system and applications are all up-to-date.

Why do I have do reauthorize my account in the system settings every few days to keep Sonos Radio functioning? This is boaring.

You should not need to do that, see my earlier post above about contacting Sonos Customer Care after submitting a system diagnostic report when it next happens again. The link in that post provides options to contact their support team by email, phone etc. 

Why do I have do reauthorize my account in the system settings every few days to keep Sonos Radio functioning? This is boaring.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ditto.

Have given up on Sonos Radio and gone back to TuneIn. Struggled to see an advantage of SR if I’m honest...

TuckerJ,

Perhaps see my earlier post above about contacting Sonos Customer Care after submitting your diagnostic report. The link in that post provides options to contact their support team, email, phone etc. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have not reauthorised Sonos radio. Still cannot select a station. TuneIn and myTuner play without issue. Spotify fine. Audible fine.

It is Always and only Sonos radio. No other issues. No other action needed other than reauthorise.

I cannot find any other reason or solution. I am quite happy to forget about Sonos radio if only I could delete it from services but cannot. 

I have heard nothing after submitting and linking the diagnostic. I am not used to this and wonder if I need to advise anyone the diagnostic has been submitted.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

As expected it has happened again. Around 5 days since last time. Alarm was chime instead of radio.

I did nothing and generated a support diagnostic while chime playing! The id is 1674647213. Do I need to do something else to ask Sonos support to look at this?

I am guessing if I go to services and reauthorise now it would resolve. However I will leave it as is in case anyone has other info to suggest or another diagnostic is required. I can use tunein and it will Play fine. Sonos radio will remain locked until I reauthorise.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Exact the same problem here. I also use my Sonos system as an alarm clock and every x days I need to authorize the account again. Nothing of the above helps. It’s the only service that has that behavior.

I would also suggest that when you encounter the issues, you perhaps submit a system diagnostic report and post any references back to this thread. Then when you have gathered some data, to contact Sonos Customer Care via this LINK and ask them to take a closer look at your setup and issues.

Userlevel 1

Exact the same problem here. I also use my Sonos system as an alarm clock and every x days I need to authorize the account again. Nothing of the above helps. It’s the only service that has that behavior.