Answered

Sonos Radio "Quiet Classical" missing from menus

• 24 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 26 replies

I can’t find the “Quiet Classical” station listed in Sonos radios menus on the Android app. However I can find it by using the app’s Search.

I can add the station to “My Sonos” from Search but its icon is shown as washed out.

Is all this a bug? How can it be fixed so the station is fully listed and has a proper graphicicon?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 August 2022, 10:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sarno 

Thanks for your post!

It appears that the metadata from the radio station is not being correctly provided - neither artwork nor genre information - and with that in mind, we would suggest reaching out to the radio station themselves.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Sarno 

Thanks for your post!

It appears that the metadata from the radio station is not being correctly provided - neither artwork nor genre information - and with that in mind, we would suggest reaching out to the radio station themselves.

Hi @Corry P, where do i reach out to?  Isn’t the radio station run by Sonos? How do I tell them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sarno 

Hi @Corry P, where do i reach out to?  Isn’t the radio station run by Sonos? How do I tell them?

Only the curated playlist stations are ours - everything else is collated by TuneIn and we incorporate those lists into Sonos Radio. We don’t maintain any professional ties to any of the radio stations found on Sonos Radio/TuneIn. I just googled ‘”quiet classical” radio’ and got no useful results however, so the best thing to do might be to just tell TuneIn directly - they’ll have the contact info for all the stations available.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Corry P  While listening to Sonos “Quiet Classical” there was an advert or trailer or BBC Sounds. It was a sequence of greetings from the various BBC stations, like some sort of generic promotion for BBC radio.  It definitely mentiond “BBC Sounds” at some point.

Now, it’s even more of a puzzle to me how that fits in with stations under Sonos Radio or even TuneIn !

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sarno 

The BBC removed all their radio stations from TuneIn, so I presume what you heard was indeed an advert - one targeted for people on TuneIn wondering why they can’t get BBC there anymore.