Question

Sonos radio not offering curated stations

• 13 July 2020
  • 3 replies

In the past few days, my Sonos installation has decided that I’m located in Belgium. Consequently, my Sonos radio no longer offers me the curated, genre stations (not available in Belgium, apparently), and my ‘Local Stations’ are a mix of French and Flemish. My profile, address etc. all shows that I’m located in Edinburgh, Scotland. Uninstall/reinstall, change profile details on Sonos.com etc. all tried.

Any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Brian Dearden.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

That's odd that you cannot access Sonos radio in UK.

Can you try this link and let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark the issue is Sonos using an out-of-date geolocation database. The IP address assigned by my ISP had been used (in the mists of time) in Belgium. The out-of-date db reported this as still being in Belgium and would not permit access to the full features of Sonos radio. Sonos were unable to offer any assistance. I fixed it by switching off my router for long enough that it was allocated another IP address.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Brian Dearden.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and giving us some feedback about what you just discovered with a geolocation database.

I will forward this to the management.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.