Sonos Radio HD-Thoughts?

• 12 November 2020
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

With the new announcement of Sonos Radio HD, just checking in on people’s thoughts. Did you sign up for the trial? Will you keep it? How does it compare to others like Amazon, Tidal and Qobuzz? Is it in addition to? How to improve? Share please. Thanks in advance. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

I've subscribed to the trial. I can hear a difference and it sounds 👍.  But thats on my two paired fives and sub. On my move and play 1 it's not so obvious👎. Also I'm not totally sold on the content and/or the price. So not sure what I will do when the trial ends

So I subscribed to Sonos Radio HD free trial . Thanks Sonos

Have noticed that I can skip forward but not backwards at first both arrows are lit up but after pressing rewind a few times the option to rewind becomes faded .

Sound is what I expect it takes a while on the S2 app to switch to another station IMO it should only be a fiver to listen to Radio  not £7.99 as other streaming music options offer more for the same price but that's just my opinion . 

The plus is I don't realise ALL the Sonos Radio Stations would be HD it just advertised a few new ones would be HD I think that needs to be made clearer to people offered a trial .

Once the rewind button is fixed I might subscribe otherwise I may  cancel 

I just cancelled my trial subscription.  The playlists and content were the main reason.  To me it seemed at best a B-side content play and the mixes were 100% worse than anything I get from Spotify, Pandora or Apple.  

Also, I have a 500Mbit internet service and a very nice dual AP WiFi network and have ZERO issues streaming FLAC locally or through TIDAL and certainly no streaming issues otherwise with standard services.

It would be nice to remove the Sonos Radio from my music services.  That is annoying that it’s not an option to hide or remote.