Sonos Radio HD subscription - Too many "This is Sonos Radio" interruptions

• 21 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I get that you’re proud of the commercial-free Sonos Radio HD and you want people to know about it, but in just a day of activating my subscription and listening to it, I’ve noticed the “This is Sonos” and “You're listening to <station name>” announcement interruption an excessive number of times. Please… I’m paying for it! Please stop. Once every two-three hours maybe at the most. But I think I’m hearing it like once every 15-20 minutes or something.

I pay for Spotify; no announcements. I pay for Apple Music; no announcements.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s normal practice for a radio station to identify itself. If the announcement is every 15-20 minutes like you say, I would agree that it is too frequent. But once per hour is reasonable.

Userlevel 1

It’s normal practice for a radio station to identify itself. If the announcement is every 15-20 minutes like you say, I would agree that it is too frequent. But once per hour is reasonable.

Sonos Radio Cruise Control, for example, and other channels is not a radio station. They are not bound by FCC regulations for terrestrial radio stations. If I were listening to an actual broadcast radio station, then fine. But this is a paid streaming service, not a radio station. Sonos “Radio” HD is not radio.

Apple Music (paid) and Spotify (paid) do not continuously inject “Your listening to Apple Music” every 15 minutes (nor every hour, nor every day, nor every week, nor every month...). Their ‘radio’ stations do not play audio voice bumpers...ever.

AGREE!! Apple Music subscriptions dont do that. What’s fully is when I stream my Apple Music through my Sonos it always goes out after about an hour or so. But when I’m playing Sonos radio, it never goes down and I hear these stupid ads in my store as if I'm too cheap to pay the subscription, Super annoying!