Sonos Radio HD stations sorely missing

• 16 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I've been a big fan of Sonos Radio HD since i started my trial and couldn't bring myself to cancel. It just sounds so great, and the station options are great so far; but I can't figure out how we don't have a Bollywood music station yet, or any Indian music at all, really. This seems like an obvious oversight; it's kind of a low-hanging fruit that would be a big crowd-pleaser. Do we just need to throw suggestions out there? (If this isn't the best forum for station ideas, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.) 

On a more heartfelt note, the Metal music selection leaves so very much to be desired for fans of the more Nordic Metal styles. I think you could do quite well with a Swedish Death Metal station, or generally Nordic if you want to catch more content. The metal that is on Sonos Radio so far is just absolutely nothing like what I look for in metal music. I would call it more hard rock than anything, but I know I'm biased on that regard. And that's fine, but if you're looking for more options in metal, give me some introspective, poetic, progressive bliss so I can hear it at it's best, in hi-fi and tuned for Sonos speakers. It would be truly transcendent. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@Omniturtle,

If the radio stations you are looking for are available via a URL online, then there is a way that you can add them to Sonos manually. See this support document:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260

I didn't know about that, thank you. But I'm referring to the actual Sonos Radio HD stations. They are hi-fi stations hosted by Sonos, not independent stations added as a service. 

The higher audio streaming quality is what keeps me subscribed, I just think they're missing out on some station ideas.