SONOS RADIO - Can't find french channel FREQUENCE 3

• 22 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I want to stop using TuneIn for my radios stations because the service is using ads before playing the music. Its very annoying for the morning alarm…

The new Sonos Radio service seams really good and without ads, the universal search finds my station but when setting an alarm there is no universal search, you must find by browsing ALL the categories.

So my question is, where can i find Frequence 3 ?

I did not find it under France, Ile de France, i cannot browse all the regions and cities !!

Thank you for the help.

Julien

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Do they publish a streaming URL on the Frequence 3 website? If so, you can add it via TuneIn without having to find it in their station list (which for me doesn’t seem to include any stations in France!).

I’ve added several stations (e.g. SomaFM) this way and there are no adverts added at any point (SomaFM is ad-free).

Quite why you can only add a station URL through TuneIn I don’t know, and it looks to me about as non-user-friendly as you can get, but that’s the Sonos user interface for you!

The procedure is described here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/260?language=en_US

Hello and thanks for the quick answer but thats not solving my problem at all.

I want to change my alarm radio that is actually a TuneIn radio, that may some times play ads before the music stream. I want to avoid TuneIn and use a Sonos Radio instead.

Indeed, in SONOS (but in TuneIn) I can use URL to add a radio stream, but that either does not solve my issue cause it goes through TuneIn afterall.

When you want to select a radio in ALARM, you cannot search in SONOS radio… So i need the community help, because Frequence 3 is among SONOS radio (searchable), but where ? Which category ?

Julien