Answered

SONOS + QNAP NAS Can't Add Music Folder

• 28 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I have read many posts on this topic and still have no clear answer or solution. I have a QNAP NAS and am running a Windows 10 PC. I currently have a USB drive attached directly to my Modem/Router and that is discovered and used by Sonos. I can add a Folder from my PC successfully but I WANT to add a folder from my NAS. When I attempt to do so, an error message telling me that I need to update my registry appears. I have read the linked Microsoft article and performed the Registry Update and rebooted - no success. I have turned off my Firewall - no success. Like everybody else I have no SMBv1 running - is this or is this not the issue? Sonos seem to be saying (?) that they no longer rely on SMB? I am frankly lost trying to keep track of whether it is or isn’t so. Having read extensively about this issue it seems to have been a topic for over 3 years. Is there a specific solution for this as if there is I haven’t been able to track it down? A solution would be gratefully accepted. Obviously I haven’t read every single message in relation to this - there are hundreds in multiple threads so please forgive me if I have missed the definitive solution, please just direct me to it.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 March 2020, 06:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It is likely that SMB v1 is the issue. Turn up it on for your system and test. It’s no longer used for local libraries on a PC, but still used for NAS libraries.