Answered

Sonos Playlists and Apple Music

Hi everybody,

i use Apple Music and i can’t view the songs of any Sonos playlist on Apple Music, only the playlist title.

Why?

icon

Best answer by controlav 29 March 2020, 01:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why not, exactly? A screenshot might make the problem clearer. Tapping a My Music/ Playlist should list the tracks.

Here is a screenshot. No tracks shown into the Playlist!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No idea how you got to that screen. Tried on iOS I went to Search, typed in my playlist name, got a completely different screen which included the items.

This isn’t one of your playlists though, this is a “Sonos Playlist”, not to be confused with what we normally think of as Sonos Playlists. However you got here I assume its really a radio stream, not a playlist in the normal sense, and you can’t see the contents of a stream.

No mate, it is not like a radio stream, because i have no prob to see the tracks on spotify and amazin music, only on Apple Music.

I think it’s a Sonos Staff problem..

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Buddy, please tell me exactly how you got to this page, so I can try and reproduce it, then attempt a diagnosis.

Simply go to Apple Music on iOS or MacOS and search for Sonos. All the playlists are empty

I’m confused. Go to Apple Music in what application on iOS? The Sonos controller? In Apple Music?

If you’re in the Sonos controller, why would you search for Sonos? Unless there is a band or song named Sonos, I wouldn’t expect anything to show up. Can you be a bit more clear in how you’re getting to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh this is from the Apple Music app? Ask Apple then. Even using the Apple Music app I still can’t get any results like the OP.

I’m using only Apple Music on iPhone and on the Mac. When i click on a Sonos playlist, it’s empt

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m using only Apple Music on iPhone and on the Mac. When i click on a Sonos playlist, it’s empt

How do you see Sonos playlists in the Apple Music app??? Please, just use the Sonos app for Sonos playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

OK I finally get it. In the Apple Music app, search for Sonos. Go to the very end under Shared Playlists. Click See All. One is called Get up and Dance, and it looks like the screenshot at the start of this thread. Some “Sonos” playlists show tracks, some do not.

I don’t know what these are, or why some behave differently to others.

1. Ask Apple why their app does this
  2. Use the Sonos app to play Sonos playlists.

Ok thanks, i’ll use Sonos app